Hertz[protected]

On June 23 - June 25, 2018 I rented a vehicle in London from Hertz. The customer service from Heathrow office has been horrible! In picking up the car I asked about the London Congestion Charge (CC) and was handed a brochure and told to go online and sign up. The agent was brusk and not helpful.

Even though I signed up for the London CC easy pay system no charges were ever applied to my account. Several weeks later, two charges for $162 each were placed on my credit card by Hertz. No bill or information was provided from Hertz so I contested the charges. I even tried calling Hertz in the US and was told they couldn't help me...I needed to call London. Perhaps a week later, I rec'd an email from Hertz with the congestion charges + penalty charges.

I have corresponded by email several time with Heathrow Hertz and called twice (incurring now international calling charges) trying to get the needed information to contest the charges. I have sent them another 2 emails (1 today) since their correspondence on July 16th, in an attempt to obtain the Transfer of Liability form needed to contest the charges. I can not proceed without this this form.

In the past I have rented vehicles with Hertz numerous time without incident. This experience has made me never want to do business with you outside the US. I am very disappointed with the service received. It is also very frustrating when Hertz US takes absolutely no responsibility for there partners in another country. They are part of your corporation and concerns should be able to be resolved with out having to make calls to the UK. In short, I am extremely disappointed.

If there is anything you can do to expedite the processing of the requested document I would appreciate it.

Thanks you for your assistance,
Margaret M Haen
[protected]
image1.jpeg

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peggy
Date: July 14, 2018 at 9:23:38 PM CDT
To: "[protected]@hertz.com"
Subject: Re: Hertz Customer Care Case # [protected]
Please forward to me written authorization to represent this case as you are the
Registered keeper/owner of the vehicle. Below is the info from tfl.giv.uk/congestioncharge.
Thank you.
image1.png

On Jul 13, 2018, at 5:12 AM, "[protected]@hertz.com" wrote:

Ref. No: [protected] 7/13/2018

Dear Ms Haen,

Thank you for contacting us. Please find fines attached.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for contacting us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Yours sincerely,