Hermes

Worst Courier Firm....Ever!

Hermes
England, Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom
Hermes - I've used them almost 100 times this year to both send and receive packages. I won't be using them ever again and would advise everyone to give them a miss! This Is my experience of Hermes:

1) Very slow delivery! They state 3-5 days but frequently my customers would complain items took over 10 days to arrive!
2) They lose your items - Fair enough mistakes are made but when they lose them they really don't care. Don’t expect to see the item or even a full refund.
3) Their communication and customer service is dreadful. Seriously the worst i've received from a credible company.
4) It took Hermes 4 months to grant me a refund for an item they lost and they only paid half the value of the item as compensation.
5) It took almost 10 emails before I could finally submit a lost item form.
6) Their customer service agents frustrate you as they appear very poorly trained and completely unable to help with anything.

Ok so the service is comparatively cheap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for... but in the case of Hermes actually you don't. What they advertise is a no nonsense, no frills, cheap carrier. What they actually are is a highly frustrating, highly problematic, slow, incompetant and unreliable carrier with abysmal customer service and no care for their customers or the items they carry.

I don't expect this business to last much longer, Its below amateurish and I advise you all to avoid like the plague!

I would be interested to hear if people have had similiar experiences? Or anyone that has had a positive experience please do let me know as I'm struggling to find any one who has a good word to say about Hermes!
Complaint comments Comments (40) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

N  19th of Dec, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Hermes are terrible, they say that they have delivered and had the items signed for, but they lie. They blank any contact you make with them, dont expect any refund and if you did get a 10% refund you will have paid well in excess of cost of phone calls. AVOID
N  10th of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
myhermes lost my last item, i asked them for a claim form, two weeks later got email saying 'please find attached form ...' but there was no attachement, i had to send them another email, some week later they finally sent the form but two late for me to claim 'no later than 28 days after collection' stated in theirs t&c so i doubt they will ever refund me. i will never deal with them again. dhl now offers similar service for same money through parcel monkey so will give them a try instead.
N  23rd of Jan, 2011 by    -3 Votes
If you want parcels delivered follow these rules
1.Make sure some one is in on the delivery due date.
2.If no one can be home leave instructions with the suppliers for delivery to a neighbour or, a safe place for parcels to be left.
3. Make sure your door bell works and can be heard above the noise of Hoover, flushing toilets, babies crying, dogs barking etc.
4. Don't order from companies like Next, J D Williams, QVC, Home shopping channels, Joe Brown, Arcadia group. They all use Hermes.
5 Alternatively support the shops in your local High Street.
N  20th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@273482C they claim to have tried to deliver i caught them out many times because i have CCTV, avoid at all costs otherwise it will cost you as the sender and cost you as the receiver
A  11th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
worst carrier ever...
A  6th of Jun, 2011 by    +3 Votes
Herms is the worst courier ever i ordered some items from next and it took 6 days to deliver them i must of ordered stuff delivery by herms at least 8 times now and its too a awfull long time i paid 3.99 delivery for a top to be sent to me i expect next day delivery for that price i use home delivery network and they are super fast took 2 days to delivery

AVOID HERMS THEY ARE SLACK AND SLOW !!!
N  17th of Oct, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Recently had to wait over 2 weeks for a parcel to be delivered by Hermes when I had been promised by Home Bargains delivery would be only 3-5 days. Home bargains rang to find out where my delivery was and was told it had been delayed due to illness ? when delivery arrived - finaly- I asked the courier why it was so late arriving and she blamed it on problems with her van ! So Hermes ...if you're going to lie for your couriers at least agree on telling the same lie ! !
Also trying to find out where your parcel is is impossible, if you do get hold of a phone number they simply pass the buck or pass you to another number.
After this fiasco I remembered a similar incident with a Hermes delivery a few months previously... so be aware if you want a delivery to arrive at a specified time DON'T use Hermes. ! !
They even have a web forum where couriers moan about the deliveries they make and how they refuse the bigger items etc so it'd obviously quite wide spread.
Anyone know of a delivery firm that actualy does what it's meant to ?
A  30th of Oct, 2011 by    +1 Votes
They are totally useless.
A  7th of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Hermes drivers continue to lie to the Depot, claiming credit for an attempted delivery when they did not even ring my bell or approach my house. The company supports the drivers unfounded claims and cannot seem to get my package to me. For a week now we are playing this game daily. I now refuse to do business with companies that ship via Hermes. Their interest in providing any sort of customer service is appalling. Avoid this company at all costs.
A  30th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hermes have really poor customer service.
I have missed a delivery and received a note saying it will be re-delivered the next day (when I am at work), therefore I have wrote 4 e-mails and called them up 3 times in the period of 2 days to arrange a Saturday delivery. After they took all the information from me (parcel number, etc) I was told it is being taken care of and I will receive my parcel on Saturday. However, when I got home the same day, I found another note in my post box saying they have tried to deliver it again and will attempt again next day (working day) and if I am not there, they will return the package to sender or destroy it.
I have called them up again (4th time) and was told they can’t help me, because the package was sent from abroad and they are not allowed to contact their colleagues in another country (excuse my French – ###). After I asked them what their abroad office has to do with it if the package is already in UK in their courier’s car, they told me they are not allowed to contact UK courier as well, even though they have her number (seriously?).
After I asked why there is such a miscommunication between offices of the same company, they repeated they can’t help me.
After I asked why they can’t contact their own UK colleague (courier) who is on their payroll, they said they can’t help me either.
After I asked what I should do in regards to my belongings in the parcel now, they said they understand my concern, but they can’t help me.
After I asked If I can claim the money back for my belongings as well as delivery costs, they told me they don’t know and I should try calling their other office up (German) (again, what it has to do with the package which is in UK?).
It seems like they don’t know any other scripted sentences rather that we can’t help you.
After I told them that I will have to sue, I got a reply: okay.
I am very disappointed with the service and strongly recommend everyone not to use Hermes.
A  29th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
As someone who shops online and have had retailers sent my orders using this service - I either didn't receive my items at all (confirmed as lost by the courier) and had to file a refund claim with the retailer or often found stuff left on my front door, unsecured... which is not a big problem when I'm in town but when I am away and the stuff is left sitting there for days for everyone to take/steal it's a big problem. As an addressee there is no way for me to contact the company to see when my things will be delivered or to get in touch with a courier (instead I have to call the retailer to investigate on their end). Often, they don't leave any "sorry we missed you" slips, aside from things just being dumped at my door and there is not even a way for an addressee to complain. My courier sometimes keeps the package for a few days (and sometimes even weeks!) from what the tracking number says as it's "inconvenient" for him to go to my address on that day. Right now I have a package that shows that it has been "out for delivery with a courier" for over 3 days now! Three days my husband and I spent at home waiting for the TK Maxx package to arrive (from 8 am to 8 pm - their standard delivery window). No one ever came, and the retailer quoted that the courier "ran out of time" all three days to deliver my package - even though 2 days ago, they were able to confirm that the courier was in my neighborhood just didn't bother to come to my house. They actually tried to ring the courier and said that they were not able to reach him in 3 days and that he doesn't answer his phone and there is no way to find out where my package is... GREAT! Overall, you get what you pay for and in this case you probably won't get much at all as you package will be lost or stolen, or kept by the courier for weeks. I lately try to avoid ordering from any retailers using this service. I did report this company to BBC Watchdog (everyone who complains on here should do the same or it really doesn't matter to them) and will continue to report its terrible service to consumer rights organizations, media and the like.
A  27th of May, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Hermes is the worst courier ever!!!
A  4th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
-smashed tape player
-smashed computer
2 lost packages
2 returns all in 6 months

Disgusting company and stupid drivers
A  12th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
They really are the worsed delivery service in the uk. The delivery driver was very aggressive towards me stood arguing with me for 5 minutes as i contacted customer service telling them he lied about trying yo make a delivery. Which he did lie! I was in all day and no one attempted to deliver a parcel what so ever. The delivery guy was a total ### i don't want these type of people delivering parcels to my address. I now contact every shop/ebay before my perches to confirm it will not be delivered by hermes! And if it is i ask for a different delivery service or i avoid buying from them. Seriously people keep away from thes pathetic excuse for a company
A  21st of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
Have been fighting a claim for damaged item .Don't bother .They run you around from one person to another until the two week period has passed and then cancel the claim. You cant speak to anyone and all the support staff are monkeys. I have had my claim passed and then a week later an email stating it was not received .This firm is either run by idiots or it is totally fraudulent. Either way the sooner it is gone the better. I am totally surprised that this firm is allowed to operate in this country. Where are you trading standards ?
I will never use them again. DONT USE THIS CRAP FIRM.
N  23rd of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
This is the worst courier company I have come across. Very slow, frustrating customer services agents, they lie they had delivered when they didn't, they do not leave the note if there was an attempted delivery but nobody was in. It is a dreadful company abd I would not wish anyone to deal with them because there are always problems guaranteed.
A  23rd of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Worst ever. They have updated the tracking to say they have collected but the parcel is still here. They keep saying we can drop it off at the nearest drop off store which is about 8 miles away. If I wanted to be a courier I wouldnt have ordered from them. 3 days and no show so far. 2 x chats with the same stupid comment. "We will pass on to the relevant team, " Awful service.
A  8th of Mar, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I had an unpleasant and aggressive courier deliver a parcel yesterday evening, she was absolutely repulsive! I have never met such a rude courier before. She has been to us once before and her attitude stinks, she crushed a parcel of ours and legged it before we could ask what had happened! I made a formal complaint yesterday and hope to hear back from someone (LIVE person) to make sure she is reprimanded. It seems as if Hermes are happy to employ the odd ### along the way. I will try my utmost to avoid companies that use Hermes, I certainly do not want that old woman back here.
A  30th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Bought a several hundred pound television from Amazon UK, who decided to use a company like Hermes where the couriers are paid 40p per delivery in order to transport the television over an old iron bridge and several hundred meters down a pedestrian path. As one might have expected, the Hermes courier felt it was not worth bothering with and so claimed it was a failed delivery (even though my entire family were in the home). Two days later, during the next delivery "attempt", the television mysteriously and conveniently became lost in transit and thus undeliverable. Hermes are charlatans and Amazon are a disgusting company for using such a low bid company who have demonstrated repeatedly (as shown by the thousands of complaints all over the internet) that they can't handle a tiny parcel let alone a full sized TV.

Why can't these people just use the phone number provided to ask for help if they need it? I know they're bodge job goons with little consideration for what they're carrying but there is really no problem in asking the customer for some help if they're having trouble.
A  10th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hermes are basically liars!
I was expecting an order from Size, on the hermes website they claim to have attempted delivery on the 4th, 6th, 7th, and 8th April, BIG LIE, as there was someone home, and mysteriously, there was no card left on any of these occasions.. they then said they would re-attempt deliver on 9th April, again, a lie, as i was home all day...
no contact info on their website, i guess this is because they do not employ 100, 000 people to handle the complaints they would have.
Must be the worst courier company in the world...
N  23rd of Apr, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Hermes are an awful company, I had a turntable being delivered, it was in Hermes possession for 14 days before it finally got delivered to an alternative address, this was because they alleged their courier had attempted delivery to the original address but had been met with abuse from the recipient. I am the recipient of all deliveries to said address and I deal with numerous couriers all day and I am always friendly and helpful to them. When I queried this alleged abuse they then told me that it was during a previous delivery their courier had been abused, not as previously stated when attempting my delivery, so they lied about that. I finally got my item delivered 2 weeks later to my home address, however the turntable was broken beyond use. I wonder if this was because I made a complaint to them about their courier? Anyway, they won't talk to me as I am not the sender, situation ongoing, will see where it goes, but not expecting much action to be taken. Will never use Hermes again and will be avoiding companies who do.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree