Heritage Web Solutions / overcharged

I spent over two thousand dollars for 2 sites with the above company and the sites look like crap. The forum is not original it was taken from mybb for free but they charged me so much. Customer service can mislead you into spending money into getting things that they cannot even design. They have so many complaints on them everywhere so beware of this Company. I know another person personally who have the same problem because I was introduce to Heritage by that person before the site was done.

An

Comments

• Ro
      25th of May, 2009

I too went through this with them. Luckily I didn't spend quite as much as you, nearly a grand though. I have a complaint with them waiting response from the BBB and am hoping something might get done that way. I tried threatening them with lawyers and such since they ceased work on my site, but refused to refund the money stating it was because of the time invested. I thought this was a load of crap becaus i had something up in about a week that was designed and looked like hell! I could tell they really didn't take much time to get it done right. There were mistakes that I couldn't get them to fix. I was, as you had mentioned, told that if I updated (spent more money), they could do more with it that might meet my approval. I guess they were telling me then that they were only giving me what they thought I deserved for the "great deal" they had given me. I think they operate on the basis hat they promise you the world at a cheap price to get you into their trap. Then, by the time you figure out that the world they promised is empty and barron, you are pretty much screwed. You either invest hundreds more to get the bells and whistles, or try to make it with the piece of crap "discounted" site you paid for.

I have been doing my best to make sure that everyone knows that if they do business with this company, they might as well expect to dish out a few grand if they want anything that may be worth putting on line.

Ron Ross
    www.rossmangifts.net

• Ut
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I suggest that you just do a credit card charge back and get your money back. Otherwise you will get the run around.

• Th
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Well, my problem is that I did a direct from my account deal, not through a credit card... hmmm... I never thought about it until now, but I may be able to get the bank records and see if my bank can do anything. I am doubtful, but worth a shot I guess.

I do have deliberations through the BBB going on right now, maybe I will get something resolved through them.

Oh, and one other thing for everyone out there, I just recently found out the have changed their name to Hit Web, so eveyone look out for this too!!!

• Da
      16th of Aug, 2009

There are aolt of companies out there that are perfrom the same way. Be on the look out for my new blog titled "Being Overcharged for Web Design?" I will explain how to tell if your paying too much and how these big companies take our money and give you poor service and make unfullfilled promises.

Check out my blog: