Helzberg Diamonds / gender discrimination

Jun 21, 2015
Helzberg Diamonds
Lees Summit Missouri
My complaint is in regard to gender discrimination of customers. I purchased a 3 ring Wedding set for my wife and myself in 2014. Let me reiterate that I MADE THE PURCHASE. Not my wife. Since the purchase, my wife has received 2 COMPLIMENTARY pearl bracelets, and recently received a card in the mail informing her that she has a COMPLIMENTARY necklace for her upcoming Birthday. The following is my complaint. While I do not begrudge my wife for receiving these COMPLIMENTARY gifts, I am disturbed by the fact that only the woman is ever given these COMPLIMENTARY gifts. I (as the actual purchaser of our Wedding set) would like to know why, when I spent several thousand dollars of my money in this business, my wife is the only person who is recognized as a valuable customer? She has received a bracelet for Christmas. And another bracelet for Valentine's Day, and now, she has a necklace waiting for her to pick up for her Birthday. I have Birthdays as well. I would also appreciate a token of gratitude at Christmas time. And Father's Day is tomorrow. But I have never been recognized by Helzberg Diamonds as anything more than a sales commission. When I verbally addressed this situation in store, one of the sales asociates responded with a statement that actually sounded more like a question. His response was as follows. "Happy wife... Happy life"? Well, this created great animosity for me. It was as if he was telling me that as a man, I am of no value to their company. With that thought in mind, I make the following statement. Unhappy husband equals dissatisfied customer. Dissatisfied customer equals No more purchases from discriminating retailers.

N  21st of Jun, 2015 by
Oh you poor, poor little baby. You don't get complimentary gifts from a jewelry store, like your wife does. Honestly do you want them to send you the delicate gifts they give your wife. I would be willing to bet these gifts aren't substantial enough that any normal man would wear them. I would also be willing to bet that these complimentary pieces of jewelry that your wife receives aren't of any real value. If they were they wouldn't be giving them away. I truly wonder if you are old enough to even be married.

Helzberg Diamonds Logo Helzberg Diamonds