Helzberg Diamonds / gender discrimination

1 Lees Summit Missouri, United States Review updated:

My complaint is in regard to gender discrimination of customers. I purchased a 3 ring Wedding set for my wife and myself in 2014. Let me reiterate that I MADE THE PURCHASE. Not my wife. Since the purchase, my wife has received 2 COMPLIMENTARY pearl bracelets, and recently received a card in the mail informing her that she has a COMPLIMENTARY necklace for her upcoming Birthday. The following is my complaint. While I do not begrudge my wife for receiving these COMPLIMENTARY gifts, I am disturbed by the fact that only the woman is ever given these COMPLIMENTARY gifts. I (as the actual purchaser of our Wedding set) would like to know why, when I spent several thousand dollars of my money in this business, my wife is the only person who is recognized as a valuable customer? She has received a bracelet for Christmas. And another bracelet for Valentine's Day, and now, she has a necklace waiting for her to pick up for her Birthday. I have Birthdays as well. I would also appreciate a token of gratitude at Christmas time. And Father's Day is tomorrow. But I have never been recognized by Helzberg Diamonds as anything more than a sales commission. When I verbally addressed this situation in store, one of the sales asociates responded with a statement that actually sounded more like a question. His response was as follows. "Happy wife... Happy life"? Well, this created great animosity for me. It was as if he was telling me that as a man, I am of no value to their company. With that thought in mind, I make the following statement. Unhappy husband equals dissatisfied customer. Dissatisfied customer equals No more purchases from discriminating retailers.

Te
Jun 21, 2015

Comments

Re
  21st of Jun, 2015

Oh you poor, poor little baby. You don't get complimentary gifts from a jewelry store, like your wife does. Honestly do you want them to send you the delicate gifts they give your wife. I would be willing to bet these gifts aren't substantial enough that any normal man would wear them. I would also be willing to bet that these complimentary pieces of jewelry that your wife receives aren't of any real value. If they were they wouldn't be giving them away. I truly wonder if you are old enough to even be married.