HDFC bank Credit Card / harasment by bank
I was an HDFC credit card (No- [protected]) holder during 2004-05. There was a scheme to Buy whirlpool home appliances in easy 0% EMI. I bought a washing machine and the EMI amount was 641.00 only. I paid the entire installments (12 installments) without any fail. But after paying all the 12 installments, again I got another bill of around 400/-. I complained to the customer care, but that was in vain. The response was if I don't pay the amount the card will be invalid.
A letter come from HDFC after 6 months, stated that my case has been informed to RBI and my card is invalid. After 2005 there was no communication between HDFC Credit card and me. Rather HDFC issued a gold card to me in the year 2007. I am never been a defaulter till now for HDFC, even though I have done several transactions through HDFC credit card.
After a gap of almost 3 years suddenly I got a legal notice dated 12th April'08 to pay a whopping amount of 5370/- else, HDFC has threatened to take serious action against me. It has been mentioned in that letter that I should be ready for the consequences thereof.
My question is where was HDFC all these days ? Again If I am a defaulter how come they issued another Card that to a gold card to me? If I can pay 7500/- to them, I could have paid 400/- odd amount. But since that was not justified and the customer care, didn't care to talk to me and settle the case, hence I didn't pay that amount as it was not justified.
Sir, Now after 3 years, HDFC has started harassing me again. I, therefore, request you to please take necessary step, so that my family shouldn't be in any trouble, without any fault of mine.
Thanks & Regards
Mrs. Pragnya Arun
More HDFC bank Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Smartpay, HDFC - deactivate facility 
- HDFC Home Loan - agreement fooling customers 
- HDFC Bank Ltd - releaving and full and final settlement of my providend fund and pending salary 
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan - delay in the processing 
- HDFC Bank Atm Debit Card - atm txn declined, money debited from sb nre a/c of hdfc bank 
- HDFC Bank - credit card
- HDFC Bank - unauthorised card blockage 
- HDFC Bank - savings account issue
- HDFC - mobile banking app
- HDFC - hdfc credit card team has hold my saving bank account with my concern