HDFC bank Credit Card / harasment by bank

India Review updated:
Sir

I was an HDFC credit card (No- [protected]) holder during 2004-05. There was a scheme to Buy whirlpool home appliances in easy 0% EMI. I bought a washing machine and the EMI amount was 641.00 only. I paid the entire installments (12 installments) without any fail. But after paying all the 12 installments, again I got another bill of around 400/-. I complained to the customer care, but that was in vain. The response was if I don't pay the amount the card will be invalid.

A letter come from HDFC after 6 months, stated that my case has been informed to RBI and my card is invalid. After 2005 there was no communication between HDFC Credit card and me. Rather HDFC issued a gold card to me in the year 2007. I am never been a defaulter till now for HDFC, even though I have done several transactions through HDFC credit card.

After a gap of almost 3 years suddenly I got a legal notice dated 12th April'08 to pay a whopping amount of 5370/- else, HDFC has threatened to take serious action against me. It has been mentioned in that letter that I should be ready for the consequences thereof.

My question is where was HDFC all these days ? Again If I am a defaulter how come they issued another Card that to a gold card to me? If I can pay 7500/- to them, I could have paid 400/- odd amount. But since that was not justified and the customer care, didn't care to talk to me and settle the case, hence I didn't pay that amount as it was not justified.

Sir, Now after 3 years, HDFC has started harassing me again. I, therefore, request you to please take necessary step, so that my family shouldn't be in any trouble, without any fault of mine.

Thanks & Regards

Mrs. Pragnya Arun

Comments

Sh
  28th of Apr, 2008
The customer care could not specify reasons for the denial of credit card, even after all the papers as required by them were submitted in all aspects.

Further, I wanted mail address to be changed from present address gievn to new one, which they are not able to process. To add my woes further, the customers care people are not even solve the above query and insisted, I post my grievances in a website called www.custmerservice.card@hdfcbank.com, which I beleive is wrong. I will love to know, what HDFC has the answer for all the above.
Vi
  14th of May, 2008
Hi,

I vinish v credit card no 5176521000830754 made full and final settlement of Rs 38, 000 ( Thirty Eight Thousand only) with HDFC Bank on 14th May'08

The money was colleted by Mr Sivaram J Deputy Manager - Debt Management.

Please find reciet details for your acknowledgement.

Ref no 0154241 ( HDFC)
Payment invoice - 11607916

Customer contact centre ref no:08135112187

I was told that this is full and final setlement towards my bill. And there will be no harrashment from HDFC Bank.

Today 15th May'08 i called up HDFC Bank and spoke to lady called Reena at 04844084332. She saying i have another outstand amoutnt to pay.

My question then why one your employee Mr Sivaram J Deputy Manager - Debt Management commits that there won't be any outstanding amount as in i had made full and final settlement againt my bill.

Why two statement from one Bank...please stop harrasing customers like this...

I hope someone will look into this matter and get to back to me ASAP

Please give me a acknowlegement receipt for the same through email.

Thanks and Regards
Vinish
Pi
  24th of Sep, 2008
Sir
I would suggest you to contact MACCAAN ( Moment against credit collection agony and Nuisance ). This organisation is formed to liberate the people from the multinational banks collection harassment .

They deal with all kinds of unsecured /secured loans and help the common layman to come out of the credit clutches.
Pls visit the website :www.maccaan.com for further information on this .

This looks like a boon to the people who are stuck on the hands of the international banks .
Je
  24th of Sep, 2008
Pragnya Arun

Pls visit the website :www.maccaan.com for further information on this .

Su
  14th of Feb, 2009
Feb 11th, 2008
Mr. Saravananranam
The Corporate Manager (Credit Card)
HDFC Bank, PO Box; 8654
Thiruvanmiyur,
Chennai 400041

Sub: Block Credit card Immediate 5243681100863037
Dear Sir,
I was using this above mentioned card since 23/06/2007 and was happy using this card, but one day I came to know my credit limit and outstanding increased beyond my limitation instead of, I am paying regular amount to HDFC bank, it is surprised to me, then I had contacted to your bank local at Delhi (Rajori Garden) to meet Apinder (his Mobile number is +919313104992) to understand the interested rate calculation done my bank, Oh! It was really panic for me it is rate of interested rate is 45% PA.
Even I had request few wrong transition was held during 14/01/2008 (double payment to Baja Allianz) and another payment to some US university< which I never obtain and paid amount then I had requested to bank on March 2008 to stop usage of my card because there is dispute, then HDFC did not hear my request and calculated huge number of figure as interest rate and demanding to pay, O! Which I never done such transition from HDFC credit card and HDFC bank asking to pay me… anyway, I Do not know what HDFC done about this complain? I already layoff from my JOB on July 2008, in spite I regular made payment to HDFC till Dec’2008, Same I communicated to Ms. Simaran, Mr. Apinder, but Arpinde calling me 30 call in 15 minutes and he is treads like call again & again my mobile and my residence number without any time limit & frame.
I am surprised, why HDFC hired such un-educated person in bank to destroy reputation of HDFC and forced to break relationship with client.
As I understand from HDFC-Rajori Garden Branch, I already paid to Bank against my outstanding 1, 79, 000 against my credit limited of 2, 91, 000..00 (Please correct if wrong calculation provided by Rajori garden Branch). Now, I am looking forward co-operate from HDFC bank to stop making call to my mobile number and lend line number as harassed my family and me, secondly I am not able to make payment rate @45 % which is my out of scope, really, which I was NOT aware before as rate of interest..I am also requesting please stop calculating interest rate which is NOT practical, I M READY TO PAY INTEREST RATE BASE ON RBI DIRECTION & Guideline, (It is available on RBI website)
I will try to settle my outstanding amount in next six to eight month with mutual understand as I am NOT running away from here or world, but if HDFC creates situation more worst in my family life during this struggle period then I have only option to kill myself and whole family.
So, I requested HDFC, during this time, please cooperate with me as I am honest person to clear all genius outstanding of HDFC ASAP.
Regards