HC Processing Center / Bowflex / REfused to let me speak with a manager

1 Po BOX 1309Lowell, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-750-6794

I am a AVP at one of the top 3 largest banks in the U.S. and I have a card with HC Processing when I bought my BOWFLEX, I have never missed a payment until I recently was married and left on my honeymoon and my online banking did not work correctly. My interest rate went from 3.85 to 21.8%. I called and tried to speak with them and was told they could do nothing about it, it was there policy. I asked to speak with the manager, she got on and said well I am sorry about your luck, but due to inactivity on your card it was closed anyways so it is not profitable for me to help you. I told her I managed a bank, and she said well we are not a bank. I asked if she could tell me what other companies out of the 50 she stated did they service and if I could get a copy of that mailed to me. She said no because it was not profitable to them. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she she did not have to let me and I asked her if she was refusing to let me speak with her manager and she said YES!!! Her name is Karla Wood and she is a manager at HC PROCESSING CENTER. DO NOT do business with them, not to mention that the practices going on there are illegal!!!

A VERY concerned citizen

Comments

Mi
  2nd of Oct, 2008

The SAME thing happened to me. My payments for my Bowflex doubled because I failed to make a payment on time ONCE. I was a day late because I got the due dates for this bill and another one mixed up. These people are screw jobs and now my credit has a ding on it. DO NOT. I repeat, DO NOT do business with this company.

Ca
  18th of Jun, 2011

We have been paying for this darn bowflex for 5 years, late maybe once or twice when I called to find out what I owned expecting to be told that I was almost done with the balance and was completely floored and that Karla told me that I stilled owned $2300.00. I said what and asked to speak to the manager and she refused me the right to speak to him so that he could explain to me why I was still owned them that much. This company is terrible and will not work with you. Do yourself a favor and do not do business with them.

Ka
  28th of Aug, 2012

I started a contract with HC Processing in 2008. Unfortunately I didn't realize that my payment was not due on a certain date, (i.e. the 11th of each month) but it was in fact something like the second Wednesday. Consequently I was late on a payment and, like you, my interest rate went through the roof. After calling to talk to them they told me essentially tough and my payment went up substantially. I have continued to pay them each month even though my husband being out of work. There were a few late payment due to out financial hardship but they were unwilling to wave the fees.

So, after 4 years of paying them I owe them more today then I did when I bought the darn treadmill! They are quick about reporting to the credit bureaus and my credit has taken a real hit. My place of employment recently had a plant wide shut down and I was out of work for 6 weeks. I called and told them I could not make the payment and I was sent straight to collections. The woman who had my account was rude, combative, and threatening. I asked her not to call me again and then asked to be transferred to her supervisor. I asked him to have my account transferred to another employee. He and I made an arrangement that he could lower my interest rate and take care of the past due amount. Within a few days the same woman called me again. Again she was rude and hostile and again I asked her to transfer me to her supervisor. He told me I now owed right around $150 in fees...fees he said before they would waive. I told him I could not pay them right away and I would make the monthly payment he and I had discussed and pay extra if at all possible...and to PLEASE not have that woman call me again. He told me she had my account and I asked him, again, to transfer it because I could not work with her.

She still calls me, 1-2 times a week even after having made the arrangements with the supervisor. I refuse to answer the phone anymore. I have called the supervisor several times and only managed to talk to him once. Each time I ask him to have her stop calling me, that I am willing to work with him but not his hostile employee. This week I received a bill for almost $300, late fees on the late fees he was supposed to have waived. My credit is crap compared to what it was when I started with them, I owe more today than when I started, they refuse to have a hostile employee stop harassing me, and they don't honor their agreements. I will not give this company any more of my money directly. They will have to turn me over to a collection company. They can't hurt my credit anymore then they already have and I know I will be able to negotiate with a collection agency. If you are thinking about getting a loan through these people DON'T! Even my ex-husband hasn't haunted me this much!!