Haynes Furniture / Terrible experience

My husband & I bought a sectional. A while back the middle recliner pull cord broke. It didn't take that long to get the replacement cord & instead of one cord we got 2 cords. My first complaint is that my husband had to install it himself. My second complaint is the pull cord itself. I don't know why but the stupid thing is so hard to pull. We have to use 2 hands just to open the stupid thing. No wonder they give you a credit for the insurance if you don't use it. Because people that have been screwed over by them aren't stupid enough to go back for anything else so they lose their credit. Or they have to use their credit to fix the crap that will most likely end up breaking again!

Va

Comments

• Zj
      11th of Apr, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM HAYNES FURNITURE/NORTH CAROLINA AND CO.

I am not only displeased with my furniture set but also the customer service with Haynes Furniture.

My husband purchased a bedroom set and it has been nothing but problems. First there was a nick in the Chest of Drawers, then there was residue that stained the mirror(the service tech had to come out twice for that because they initially left steel wool for me to clean the mirror), then there was wood falling from the dresser onto my clothes, then there was wood peeling from the footboard. The final straw was when I went to open my dresser drawer and I heard a "CRACK". My track was broken. I called and spoke to the manager there and explained to him that I was very dissatisfied about my furniture and the fact that I had so many service calls. The only thing he was willing to do was to send a service technician out (again). The service man came out and indicated that I broke my drawer and that it was not a manufacturer's defect. I asked him how was I able to break it and he could not give me a good explanation. He told me that he could glue it together and I shouldn't have anymore problems. Needless to say I sent him packing!

The customer service manager offered NOTHING! Other than to come a glue my drawer together. So I am stuck with a drawer sitting in the middle of my floor broken...HELP