Hawaiian Airlines / Fraudulent actions

3375 Koapaka Street, G-350 Honolulu, HI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 808-8386777
On 12/03/2008, I booked a round trip to Hawaii from Portland OR. I did that at that time ONLY because my wife and I were offered $100 e-certificates which claimed it was good for interisland travel. So the combination of the fare and the certificate made the trip work for us. After booking the trip I was told by the web site that the certificate would appear in my account in about ten days.

On 12/15/08 I was trying to book some interisland flights and make use of the e-certificate. This is where I started becoming unhappy about Hawaiian Airlines. There was no information available to see how to apply the e-certificate. This is rip off #1. They give a rebate but don't let you use it or make it very hard to use.

I could not find out the terms and conditions of the e-certificate was ; when I clicked on the link for 'terms and conditions' for these certificates, nothing happened. The bottom line is that I received no info. I attempted this on two different computers with were different security systems so it was not a problem with just one computer.

So on 12/15/08 I called the Hawaiian Airlines customer service and they transferred me to their web site technical service (or was it their rebate scam manager? ) and I was told 'after you book your trip your e-certificate will automatically apply'. After more attempts to book flights and use the certificate I gave up and went to bed. Note that she did not tell me I had to book a round trip interisland trip to use the e-certificate as I later found out. As I said, the web site does not show the terms and conditions and appears to be designed to work as such.

On 12/16/08 I attempted several times to book interisland flights and use the e-certificate without having the web site work as expected . So going on what the Hawaiian Airlines customer service rep in the Philippines told me, 'book it and the e-certificate will apply' I booked a trip for Jan 16th and confirmed as the certificate was to be applied later.

So I booked what I thought was a flight on JAN16th afternoon and another flight on a deferent day in the afternoon. This is where we get into scam #2. I believe that I booked the flights as required for Jan 16 2009. I believe that is what I confirmed on my screen, what was printed was the wrong info.

What printed out was a flight for the same day leaving 3 minutes after the booking time and returning that same day when I am 3500 miles away. That is scam #3. They cannot sell something in the past. I think this is credit card fraud, if not then it should be.

So after all of this hassle on your web site I believe I made a reservation for Jan 16th and saw that on my screen and confirmed it but later when I called your rep today to find out why the e-certificate was not applied I was told. that the flight was for yesterday. And they would not refund my credit card that was scam #4. Refusal to refund in a case of what was at worse an obvious mistake on my part due to what appears to be a deliberate attempt to make it difficult to use the e-certificates. All of this caused no actual loss to the company (the plane they said I booked on was already closed and on the departure runway they could not have sold the seats anyway.
Ro

Comments

Fl
  22nd of Feb, 2012
It appears that most of their scams are based upon the way how they set up their website. When I converted about 50, 000 Amex points into Hawaiian Miles, their website clearly explained that it was possible to book one way by using miles and the other way with Dollars. After my converted Amex points were showing up in my Hawaiian Miles account I tried to book the flight in the way it was described on their website. However, each time when I switched from Dollars to Miles it would switch both legs. I called their CS and what a surprise: they were very well informed what the reason was and had more information than what the website would give to the customer. CS explained "This is not possible on international flights, only on domestic routes..." No answer when I asked were this was disclosed. I am under the impression that Hawaiian Airlines intentionally made deceptive statements on their website in order to cheat customers. When I asked them to reverse the transaction they refused with the argument "The transaction was final" Not even one word of apology for not disclosing that the "Pay one way in Miles and the other way in Dollars" was only for domestic flights. Now they have my Amex points which were worth over $ 400 (I could have ordered gift cards instead, like for example for Home Depot) Since I will never ever use this airline in my life I won't have any use for Hawaiian Miles. This company seems to proud of having cheated me successfully and having made an extra profit by luring me into the Amex points conversion.

Hawaiian Airlines Logo Hawaiian Airlines