HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com / life membership

Flagstaff, AZ, United States Review updated:

I applied for a lifetime membership to Handyman Club of America on September 5, 1998. I received the magazine for a number of years, but it stopped a while back, with no notice. Has the Club gone out of business? Has it changed names? Has it been absorbed by another company? Has it gone digital? I should have been notified. Apparently, I am not the only one who has been left out in the cold. One person mentioned a class action lawsuit. Anyone interested in this? I have a Certificate of Life Membership signed by the Club Director, Tom Sweeney. I suppose they can say it is THEIR lifetime that determined the membership length. I think that they owe me some reparations for cancellation of the membership!

Do
Mar 08, 2018

Comments

• Cr
      Apr 10, 2018

I was one of the original "Life Members" in the 90s with the leather jacket. If I recall, the membership was in the $300 range. I still have almost every issue of "American How-To" and later "HANDY" published. It was great while magazines were coming and there were products to be tested. Like most though, it has been years since I've heard from them. My guess is that there was probably some fine print in the Life Member agreement that gave them a way out, but if some smart lawyer puts together a class action suit, I'm in.

• In
      Apr 11, 2018

Im a 100% disabled veteran...bought that same "LIFETIME" membership lie. If you ever hear of a mass law suit or [censor] em up beat-down these thieves deserve please contact me..Ill help and donate to legal fees after the [censor] hats who perpetrated this lie get their [censor] kicked.