Hair Club For Men / xtrands

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Last year around this time, I set up an appointment for a "free consolation".I was told that they would tell me the reason behind my hair loss.
All they did was take pictures and tell me which treatments would fit me best. First I was told surgery would be the best option, but they decided that the Xtrands procedure would be better for me. Me being 19 years old at the time was willing to do anything to get my hair back. I was then showed the costs of the treatment (around $4, 400) and was pushed to open two credit cards to pay for the Xtrands.
I honestly felt like I was taken advantage of when I walked out the building, but still decided to give it a shot. My first xtrand treatment was scheduled for two weeks later. The whole process took about an hour and you could tell a slight difference in the hair. After inserting the Xtrands, they shampooed my hair and I could already feel them falling off...
They felt like little hard plastic hairs inserted into your scalp. I was embarrassed when my girlfriend would run her hands through my hair and feel little rocks inserted in my hairline. Each morning I would wake up to countless xtrands around my bed. I'd lose about 10 of them each time I took a shower.
They also don't warn you not to use a comb... My hair was impossible to comb and design. I've been close to crying because of this, but had no choice but to move on. I'm pretty much making car payments for a plastic hair piece at the age of 19...
I only went to two salon appointments and decided it was enough. Now that all the Xtrands are gone, my hair looks worse than when I first walked in for my first treatment. I followed all the directions while doing the treatments and truly regret the day I walked into Houston's Hair Club.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place.WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Xa
Jun 21, 2017

Comments

• Gl
      Jul 07, 2017

I have same similar problem we hair club

• Ao
      Aug 28, 2018

I had a fantastic experience with Hair Club and would highly recommend it. I've taken my hair loss very personally and I'm been insecure for so many years but thank God for Hair Club because now I can socialize and date with confidence ! !! Every location is different so it all depends on the quality of your stylist and the culture of the center. I"m sure not all locations are created equal but my experience in the Sarasota location was phenomenal !