H-E-B / HEB Grocery Company / ranch dip

Ennis, MT, United States Review updated:

I had just bought the ranch dip in the dairy section. We opened it about 30 mins later. I stopped my son immediately upon noticing that the ranch dip had mold. I checked the expiration date and it was 1 day from expiring. I was highly disappointed to say the least at the quality of things I have received from H.E.B. here lately. Just a couple weeks ago I had bought from the same location a bag of prewashed salad mix. When I opened it had several dead flies. IF I choose to shop at H.E.B again I will switch locations. But i highly doubt it.

H-E-B / HEB Grocery Company
H-E-B / HEB Grocery Company

Qu
Sep 03, 2018

Comments

•   Sep 03, 2018

You bought it without checking the date. Usually people check dates as store employees miss them sometimes. You can’t attack the entire chain of stores for the mistake of one store plus your mistake.

As for the salad mix, they buy the products already made. Do you expect them to open each bag, look thoroughly through the bag, then reseal it?

You need to look more carefully when you shop and stop blaming a store for your lack of attention to your purchases.

• Qu
      Sep 03, 2018

@SubSquirrel I did check the dates and it wasnt expired. And I believe I said I will go to a different location, which means I wasn't blaming the entire chain. I assume you dont work for the company. If not, your opinions are irrelevant to me. But thanks for responding. 👌🏾👍🏾

•   Sep 04, 2018

@Quashuntey You chose to post but because my opinion differs, it’s irrelevant Feel stupid, doncha?

Expiration dates are approximate. No one can assure you that a product will last until x date. Most people know not to purchase anything close to the expiration date, particularly a product with milk .

You didn’t look at the salad mix carefully. Just admit your faults and move along.