Gumtree South Africa / placing ads
Gumtree has forgotten why they were formed in the first place; to offer a service to the community. Their function for the last 7 years, in South Africa, has been to police and dictate to their clients. No wonder they keep on losing market share and will continue to do so until they don't exist anymore, with this attitude. We have 700 products controlled by 20 different departments each with their own email account, advertising totally different products. But after explaining this to them, Gumtree's police have deleted all our 150 different ads without notice because they claim that we; 'are trying to get extra exposure by using different email accounts' Firstly, how do we get extra exposure by using a different email address? And secondly, why should we only advertise with Gumtree (and a lot of our ads we pay for)?
They keep on sending us surveys on their service, naming their opposition, which is a total 'stupid' exercise, because obviously those are their threat and gaining market share. And if you never heard of them before now you have and you will definitely try them!
Wakeup Gumtree, or go to sleep forever because your dictatorship is over.
More Gumtree South Africa Complaints & Reviews
- Gumtree.com - featured adverts really suck! 
- Gumtree - gumtree ripped me off!!! 
- Gumtree - processing time a joke 
- Gumtree - processing time of an ad for 48 hours 
- Gumtree.com - featured ads are a scam! 
- Gumtree - ad reference number: 1309416732
- Gumtree - restricted advertising
- Gumtree - ads dynamo link advertising fraudulent job vacancies
- Gumtree - a washing machine I bought from a seller which is faulty
- Gumtree - fraudulent purchases