Guardsman / Service request

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Contacted Guardsman to repair a table under warranty...gave them everything. Reciept from two years ago, paperwork from the table. Was asked what the damage was before they denied me saying I did not get it to them within 5 business days of the occurance...WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? It's broke was broken 30 days ago and is under warranty. Don't get furniture protection. It is a scam!!!

Comments

• Gu
      26th of Feb, 2010

Guardsman is the worst so-called insurance scam. BEWARE. There are so many exclusions, I wonder if they'll cover anything!

• Bl
      28th of Apr, 2011

Guardsman is in the business of denying claims. They're pretty good at it, too! I won't shop at a furniture store ever again that sells this product! I followed all the rules and denied because the cut didn't penetrate all the way through!

• Gu
      4th of May, 2013

If you ever buy furniture at a store & the salesperson pushes you to buy a "5 yr Protection Plan" from a company called "Guardsman Furniture Protection"...Don't do it. It's worthless. They're an unethical organization & the only "guarantee" you'll get is that they will deny your claim. In an attempt to protect my purchase, I fell for this scam & I'd hate to see one of my friends become another one of their victims. We purchased our "Guardian Protection Plan" at an Ashley Furniture Store. Apparently, we're not the only ones. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/guardian_protection.html
    Whoever runs this company should be indicted on fraud charges. They got us for $300.