Grouponselling damaged unlocked iphone

I bought the iphone 5 at Groupon on Jan 3 and it arrived 2 weeks later, when I begin to use it, it broke down in a week. At first I thought that I might fix it, and take it to a repair shop and people there told me that they can't fix it since it's badly damaged. I was shocked because I never dropped it or fell it into water and it looks just like new.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Chicago, IL Then I went to the apple store trying to have it replaced, and the salesclerk told me they can't even replace it because it's not unlocked as they said, actually it's linked with another account which belongs to a Japanese!They can't do anything to the phone unless they find that Japanese woman. I have written to Groupon several times for a refund but they keep saying that purchases after 14 days can't be refunded. It really annoyed me because some problems can't be found at once, and they have the responsibility to make sure the items they sell are as good as they describe.Now I can't get the phone fixed and can't get it replaced either, I can't do anything to it even the people in Apple store can't do anything, and 310 dollars is a lot of money to me, I'm feeling really disappointed.Hope the problem will be solved!

St
Feb 16, 2015

Comments

• It
      Jul 10, 2015

I am in the same boat as you. I just found out that the phone is not unlocked. I contacted Groupon and they told me the same thing they told you about no refunds after 14 days. I wonder if there is a way to contact more people like us and then take action against Groupon.