Groupon / fraudulent charges
Got notice from Groupon my email was changed. I didn't do so, and on checking it was an email I never heard of. Fraudulent $1200 charge to my registered credit card for a gaming console followed. I was able to cancel it in time since the fraudster didn't change my password so I used the fraudulent email address to get into my account. I also changed the PW to a long random string. Groupon was then helpful in disabling the account and transferring my legitimate purchases to a new account.
Moral: pay close attention to emails about account changes you did not make. Also subscribe to credit cards that email you notices of every transaction immediately, and check them. If you are risk-averse, add a Lifelock subscription at the intermediate level that checks known identity sale web sites.
More Groupon Complaints & Reviews
- Groupon.com - don't give a groupon as a gift 
- Groupon.com - fraudulant credit card charges 
- Metabody Fitness Pass Via Groupon - metabody 
- Groupon - infurn beanbag seat 
- Groupon Uk - groupon scams 
- Groupon.com - printerpix
- Groupon.com - pls save yourself the headache - never buy a groupon
- Groupon - they lie cheat and steal
- Groupon.com - beware of groupon goods
- Groupon - groupon deceives