GreenGeeks / website hosting

1 Agoura Hills, CA, United States

I had been with GreenGeeks for over 6 years on a plan that included one free domain name for the lifetime I was in the plan. At first they tried to charge me full price of website hosting for a three year renewal, no break in price. I said I wanted to go month to month then they cut my price in half. Next they billed me for domain name renewal. I complained that it shouldn't be included. They then charged my card the next day before responding to me and 92 days outside of when my domain name needed to be registered. Most domain name registers renew 30 days out from the renewal date and you can't renew outside of 90 days. Their response to me was that I was correct about the free domain name for the lifetime that I was on the plan and that they were giving me a credit on my account. I could see the credit and asked them to credit my credit card. They refused. I told my credit card that GreenGeeks did not have my authorization for this charge and my credit card company credited me. GreenGeeks.com suspended my account because of my getting back my credit. You can read the full story below along with the documentation and how they continued to mistreat me including not contacting me to resolve the problem for three weeks and continuing to charge me. I suspect the three week wait was them trying to inflict pain on me, all very unethical.
For more information go to greengeeksunethical.com

Gr