Greendot Grant Program / check thtat was sent to me for $965.55

1 519 south washington StreetWaupaca, WI, United States Review updated:

I got a check for $965.55 now im supposed to go and by a greendotmoneypak and send to linda spaulding im supposed to send her $400.50. I want to know if this is a scam, I didnt cash the check as of yet. I dont have a scanner of copy machine here to copy it. I can give you the number of the check. No. Is [protected]. Thanks judy sternberg emailme at aaswishman_4@hotmail.com

Comments

• Bc
      30th of Jun, 2009

I have one of those checks. I went inside my bank, they made some calls and confirmed that the bank account was no goo, and they were writing bad checks. Don't do it!!!

Here's how it works.

they contact you in response to an add.

agree to pay more so that you can forward the remaining money to a person
    in another location via MoneyGram, Western Union, etc..So that they can pick
    up said product.

the problem is, the check won't clear, you'll have to pay back the bank EVERY CENT.

The scammers split the money, and wala...FREE MONEY.

Imagine if the did this 30 times a week!!!

• Mg
      10th of Jul, 2009

i recently recived a check from some one named linda spaulding (if that really a person) for a check for 944.00 and I figuerd out it was a acam the usban logo has been photocopied and check these have a distinct watermark spot to avoid fraudlent cases like these as of right now i am looking more into the matter i am see I can call the attorney general office or my local authories in my home town.