Great Fun / unauthorized charges on credit card

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I made some travel arrangments on line and a pop-up window invited me to sign up for a rebate on the purchase I just made. I did not want to get involved in anything like that so clicked the "close" window button. all of a sudden, my credit card is being charged 11.99/month for their "services", of which I have no idea what they even are! I called great fun (luckily, they at least put a phone number on the credit card statement) and they informed me they could not give me a refund but would offer me a special discount on a future purchase of something-or-another. I did not even listen to the guy, "no, no, no." I said. I do not want to hassle with anything that involves me keeping track of what some shady company promises me. he said that if I insisted on getting a refund, I would have to fax a letter to their customer support services department requesting it. it is criminal that these people can get away with a scam like this, and then make the consumer who has been taken advantage of jump through hoops to clear the charges. I am disgusted. I have called my credit card company to dispute the charges and the rep told me this is certainly not the first time they have heard of this particular company.

Comments

• Cr
      5th of Sep, 2009

Do not use "Close Window" on Pop ups. That is how they get you.
    1) use the "X" in the comer

2) Press ALT+CTRL+DEL at the same time and turn off the entire web browser. Then clean out your cookies.

14th of Aug, 2011

Great Fun has been charging my credit card $16.99 every month since january 2010 and i have no idea why or what the heck for! i have intentionally not been using that credit card so i can work on paying it off, and then i find this out! cannot get a hold of them on the weekend, am NOT happy about the charges. will be calling first thing monday, and this had better be resolved.