Great Clips / personal info from clients and late nite customers

1 poopoo, United States Review updated:

We hate asking for phone numbers and the dreaded questions of, " "have you been to this location berfore? They get UBER pissed if you ask them. I wish they would ###in write their own stupid info down. Just like the ###in liscense branch.We don't always have a recepionist, so it takes away from our hair cut time. Productivity gets all ###ered up because we are at the stupid front desk checking them in. They need to realize we are are NOT going to stalk them or send them junk mail. Or, Who"s getting a hair cut today? They say, " We are .". Really... Its 8:52 p.m., a blizzard outside, and you wanna come in here and be pissed cuz I have to ask for your phone number? Shut up and sit down so I can whip out your hair cut and get home to my life. We need a receptionist so bad but our owner cant afford it. He is too busy jetting off to florida in his privarte plane.

Comments

• Ha
      27th of May, 2009

Well honey, I have to say after being a Hairstylist and Manager for 18 years, you are definitely the reason we get a bad name! I suggest you go to school for something that does not include working with the general public!!

• Ha
      8th of Sep, 2009

i completely agree with you! I hate asking who's getting the hair cut today and get "we are" "she is" "he is"..what the ### is your name!!! i'm just gonna type "we are" into the ###ing computer. I hate the customers who roll up in their BMW's and Mercedes then get pissed off at me when their coupon is expired for their already $12!!!

• Li
      25th of Sep, 2009

haha Great Clips is a ### run company. Don't advise anyone to ever work there. Constant warnings, write-ups... It's SO negative! The managers of this company must really be stupid to push so much negativity on employees. Really, really dumb strategies...

• Wu
      1st of Oct, 2009

safety is important if there is a blizzard outside close the shop and get documented...also make sure if there is no receptionists that there are 2 stylists working this is a corporate policy...if you are ever left alone close the shop and complain to corporate.

4th of Oct, 2009

Hairqueen must have it cushy. All six locale I have worked for have had this issue...
    And Lisa and wussamattu are both right...

28th of Jul, 2011

My daughter was working for Great Clips in Canada and just got fired because she was sitting in her car before her shift instead of going inside to count money and set up..They wanted her to set up on her own time...NOT..When she was closing, the till was out by $150 because the computer reset itself so Catherine, , The owner at the Waterdown Ontario location, called my daughter(who has never stolen anything in her life) untrustworthy...SLANDER, , I am very glad that my daughter is no longer working for this dishonest, mismanaged company and even though my daughter doesn`t want to work for them, , we are going to take them to court for wrongful dismissal...This woman REALLY needs to watch what she says because it will come back to bite her in the ###!!!

28th of Jul, 2012

I was thinking about getting some from this place and decided it seemed shady, so i looked up some reviews and lone-behold, Every review Iv'e found suggests this place is a scam. My credit card company has phones me before from a place like this, a horrible fireghtful situation I'm sure to avaoid again.

28th of Jul, 2012

You are all a bunch of crazy b*tches... I can tell you what, if one of you overweight ### stand there with that stupid depressed look or fake smile and ask me "Whos getting a hair cut"... Me or anyone else is going to say " I am, he is or she is or we are. Why? because that's the question you asked, If you wanted to know the name of the person getting a haircut, perhaps you should ask the person or people : Hi there, so who is getting a haircut today and could I get your name(s) please. That would answer two questions in one pretty easily, without having to get all frustrated by getting the wrong answer you were already expecting.. Jeezuz... Why be so f*ckn negative. Its hair cutting for god's sake. And besides, 8 out of 10 people who work at Great Clips do a sh*tty job not even worth the low price you charge. Face it ladies, you're all just glorified McDonalds Employees. Lesson learned here I hope, shut your cholesterol filled pie hole, get back behind that reception booth, take my "we are" name and enter it into the computer and get cutting the f*ckn hair. Thanks for reading as I enjoyed reading your comments.