Grand Getaways / Grand Getaways is a big rip-off!

I bought Grand Getaways in St. Martin and according to the US office they are not connected, yet now I am a member. I purchased this travel club to eliminate my traveling problems,(which is what they promise). When I called for airfare, it was priced higher than right off the internet. They had no travel locations available when requested, yet the other travel agencies had plenty. They say they can sell your timeshares with no problems, yet after you pay the money you don't hear from them again. If you call the sales office after purchasing, they claim they satisfy 87% of the time, and I guess I fell into the 13%.

Resort Solutions (supposedly the company that sells your timeshare for you) is probably a one person office that takes your money and doesn't even say thank you. When you call her from the Grand Getaways office to see if she can sell your timeshares, she tells you that they would sell easily because you paid so little, add a couple thousand and in 3 months they would be gone. Six months later, she states they are overpriced and won't sell.

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off.

Va

Comments

• Yo
      25th of Sep, 2010

its not like that, , thers no presure selling on the presentation, , , if u want to tke advantage, , then go ahead, , but if u dont want, , then get rid of it, , u r still grnted to recieve a vacation package., , me and my wife got home with a big smile..

27th of Oct, 2010

Just attended a "presentation" Bahia Principe Ambar in the Dominican Republic. Thought we were buying into the Bahia Principe Vacation Club. It turns out that Bahia Principe Vacation Club does not exist but is just another name for part of the Great Getaways or Coast to Coast Network or RCI. This incident has left me completely disillusioned about the Bahia Principe organization entirely. Why would they want to damage their corporate image and credibility by associating them selves with a group like this.

I am judging by the various comments above that my chances of getting a refund from these people is slim and none. However I will persevere.

27th of Oct, 2010

My wife and I recently attended a "presentation" at the Bahia Principe Ambar in the Dominican Republic and paid a deposit for membership into the Bahia Principe Vacation Club. I have since discovered that the Bahia Principe Vacation Club does not exist but is merely another name given by the groups Go Grand Getaways, Coast to Coast Travel or RCI. I feel completely disillusioned by the fact that Bahia Principe would actively support these groups, given the damage they must be doing to the Bahia Principe's reputation and corporate image. The "presentation" lead us to believe that we would be dealing directly with the Bahia Principe hotels for future reservations, this was stated not just implied. We feel completely ripped off and unfortunately hold Bahia Principe partially responsible for the chain of events as they are acting as a front for these scam artists. I feel pretty stupid myself for getting conned the way I did.

Considering most of the commentary above my chances of getting a refund will be slim and none, however I will try and post results if any.

28th of Oct, 2010

Several years ago my husband and I purchased a package deal from Grand GetAways in Daytona Beach for $6, 000. We received a very lovely binder with all the many things they would do for us. We are in our 70s and love to travel. Well, we certainly got taken. We were promised a trip to Las Vegas for purchasing this package. We made the reservations and paid the required downpayment. The airline tickets never arrived. They sure gave us the runaround when we tried to find out what happened. No one took the responsiblity. We decided to cancel our package deal with them but after trying and getting nowhere we decided it wasn't worth the frustration. I received a call from one of their account managers today after all these years and was told that a Coast to Coast Corporation was taking over Grand Getaways and that we were still members with $8, 000 equity. After his spiel he wanted me to pay a $199 fee and asked what credit card do you use? I asked if he wanted my credit card number too and of course he did but I would not give it to him. All I wanted was my money back. My husband passed away two years ago and I can make my own travel arrangements. Grand Getaways certainly has a bad reputation and I hope word gets around--it is a an outright scam and they should not be getting away with this.

• Mb
      6th of Nov, 2010

My name is Mark Biondi and i am The project Director for Coast To Coast at Little Harbor Resort in Ruskin..As Coast To Coast Continues to build its Solid reputation i am proud to be part of this company and even prouder to be able to service almost 400k happy members world wide. Ocassionally on these sites you will see inaccurate information. As i was browsing this site i saw a complaint by a member name STINSON claiming that he and his wife came to my presentation and i Lied about going to war to impress him and his wife..Well here are the FACTS, I am a United States Marine Corps Veteran, served 24 Months in Iraq and Afgahnistan and i was also awarded the Purple Heart for being wounded in combat last July. Down Below is a picture of me when i was on deployment, its just shows how some people like to tell inaccurate information just because they are upset with there own lives. So Mr.Stinson if you are reading this, Thank you for insulting a US Veteran, and if you would like you can also Google my name and will see pictures of me with Congress in Ny and Washington DC.

17th of Nov, 2010

Many thanks to Gran Bahia Principe staff who helped me get a full refund.

• Fr
      11th of Jan, 2011

Dear Mark Biondi,

Why do your phone reps not observe the Do Not Call List? Someone as patriotic as you seem to represent yourself should be glad to have the company you work for observe the law of the land. It would also help if you had people who could speak English properly. Why don't you hire unemployed people in the United States, insted of outsourcing your phone call center. Is that too much to ask from someone who alleges he is a decorated war veteran? The picture you submitted could be of anyone.

19th of Jan, 2011

DO NOT BUY!! HUGE SCAM! We recently bought into Grand Getaways in Kissammee Florida. We realized before we were even done signing the paperwork that the sales reps were not being honest with us. We should have listened to our instincts then, but we were excited at the idea and figured that the gifts alone they were offering us were worth the 7000 dollars. Thankfully, we did some research when we got back to our hotel room and realized we had been scammed. We decided to use our right to cancel within three business days. When we went back to the office where we bought the package on the third day, we were given the run around. As it turns out, we were refunded a portion of our money, but they withheld almost 2, 000 dollars for our room upgrade that they gave us when we purchased the package. We did not ask for this upgrade, and would have never bought into their club if they hadn't lied to us about the incentives. We already had a room, and didn't need to upgrade. Also, our upgrade would not have cost nearly that much money. It is obvious that any postive reviews on this site are placed there by the company. I feel bad for people who are being scammed. Most people probably don't look into it until after they have returned home and by then it is too late. THis is most likely the reason that they INSIST you meet with them at the begining of your vacation. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and we plan to follow up with Bank of America. They use Bank of America to finance their customers, however, they lied about the interest rate as well.. They offer a low interest rate but fail to tell you that your interest rate goes way up after 30 days. STAY AWAY! If you have already bought and you are within thirty days, use the law to protect you and CANCEL. I don't know how these people sleep at night!

19th of Jan, 2011

Thank you to the all the people who posted honest reviews. Thanks to all of you, we read these reviews while we were still at our hotel and took andvantage of our three day right to cancel! We discovered after reading the reviews, and a little research, that these people are SCAM ARTISTS!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Gi
      27th of Jan, 2011

The people on here on giving positive comments to Grad Getaways are obviously employed by them. My first experiences with them was booking a hotel room for the "best" price which late we found out was higher than what they charged for directly booking the hotel.

For my next experience, we went on a "free" vacation to Cancun. This was my third trip to Cancun and by far the least enjoyable. We had to pay for our airfare when we arrived we told Grand Getaways did not pay for the taxes of the hotel room, so we had to pay over a #$100 a night. The hotel was down right skanky. We literally saw roaches in our room.

I would like to take this as a lesson learned, but these "vultures" keep harassing me for their $200 membership fee. I receive a phone call everyday to collect their money. Today, I was called at 7:30 in the morning with a man berating me saying I signed a contract. If anyone is interested in a lawsuit, please email me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Pj
      1st of Feb, 2011

ME AND MY WIFE BOUGHT INTO THE "GRAND GETAWAYS" PROGRAM IN ORLANDO FOR $5995. WE WERE BOTH EXPERIENCED TRAVELERS! THE DISCOUNTS PROJECTED WERE 50%+ ON CRUISES. COME TO FIND OUT THEY WERE AROUND 25-40%. WHICH WORKS OUT. I THINK HAD THE SALES PERSON HAD TOLD US THAT WE STILL WOULD HAVE JOINED, HE DIDNT HAVE TO PUSH THE SAVINGS. I UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR ARE PEOPLE THAT FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BUT I HAVE TO SAY THEIR ARE SOME SAVINGS IN THE PROGRAM. NOT 60% ON HOTELS BUT 25% IS 25%! I FEEL FOR THOSE THAT SAY THEY HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BUT USE IT IF YOU HAVE IT. SOME PEOPLE I THINK YOU CANT MAKE HAPPY! HAD I READ ALL THESE COMPLAINTS I PROBIBLY WOULD HAD CANCELED. IM GLAD I DIDNT! I BOOKED A HOT WEEK FOR $199 IN VEGAS. THATS A STEAL. SO FOR ALL THOSE THAT FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF SORRY, BUT I MUST SAY MY WIFE AND I ARE VERY PLEASED SO FAR!!!

• Hi
      26th of Feb, 2011

I THANK GOD I'VE READ ALL THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I WENT FOR THE PRESENTATION TODAY!!! I BELIEVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE COMPLAINTS AND NONE OF THE POSITIVE ONES LISTED. PEOPLE... GO WITH YOUR GUT FEELINGS AND READ, READ, AND READ AGAIN ABOUT THE REVIEWS "BEFORE" YOU EMBARK OUT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THESE SO CALLED "COMPLIMENTARY" TRIPS. I THANK EVERYONE OF YOU WHO POSTED THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS COMPANY!! I PRAY OTHERS DID AS I DID AD AVOID STEPPING FOOT INTO THIS "GRAND GETAWAYS"! BLESSINGS TO ALL AND I PRAY YOU "ALL" GET YOUR DUE MONEY BACK!!!

12th of Mar, 2011

Is there a plan in place to get an attorney and follow through on a lawsuit, my husband and I would be glad to organize one...Scott and Theresa C

12th of Mar, 2011

how do we get involved with a lawsuit...thanks, scott and theresa cianciolo

14th of Mar, 2011

My father was taken advantage of with this horrible scam! Honestly, if anyone is willing to start some sort of law suit against Grand Getaway Vacations...please, please let us know. I get very irate when companies take advantage of the elderly. I documented every single attempt at communication with them and am willing to stand up for my father's rights, not only as a senior citizen, but also as a consumer that was robbed for thousands of dollars.

• Bi
      28th of May, 2011

From Bill Gillam, 74 year old retired Army LT Colonel. 6 Masters Degrees, been to 98 countries/territories and all 50 states. Viet Nam and Cambodia, Jan - Dec 1970. 4 Bronze Stars, 3 Air Medals, 465+ combat and combat support helicopter missions to fire bases and 3 combat air assults. Door Gunner for 5 hrs one day. On 4 occasions saved a total of 19 lives. I am not stupid, inexperienced or a coward. I have been on this for 3 years. Suing CCGG in Small Claims Ct in Sarasota. In a mediation I was offered 5 free years and another week. What was my answer? I don't affiliate with liars, robbers and fraud.
    I am going to establish a non-profit organization and go after these companies that conduct fraud and rob us of millions.

I was also lied to and ripped off by Coast to Coast Grand Getaways -CCGG- in Aug. 2007, Chesterfield, MO. Cost me $5, 900.
    Not one thing presented and promised was true. Right out of CCGG literature and brochures. Eddie Lopez of ghost company Premier Getaways was the presenter. Premier Getaways was suppposely in Orlando, FL. per Tommy Middaugh, Quality Assurance manager of CCGG. No longer there. Tommy Middaugh stated he had worked with Eddie Lopez previously and within a few months of the presentation he was working with CCGG at the same location. He is no where to be found. He and Tommy have all the answers. Kelsey Vandeventer of Grand Incentives, 7560 Commerce Court, Sartaota, got the license for Premier Getaways to make the presentation . GRAND INCENTIVES is on the building in very big letters and owner or CEO is Grace Martinez, wife of Jose Martinez who is the CEO of CCGG and is in the same building. My credit card payment went to Chicago Title Grand Getaways in Escondido, CA. and after a couple of days the money went to Preimer Getaways. Paid their expenses. The person responsible for Chicago Title comany and transfer was actuallyBrenda Cooley, Grand Incentives, who also works for Grace Martinez and is also at the same address in Sarasota. That info. was provided by the BBB of San Diego. On 13 May I was in San Diego and went to the address and Chicago Title was on the building. The receptionist said she never heard of Brenda Cooley. The 2 free cruisses were $836.00. Took 14 months to get and low season only. All I could select was the departure port. Ship was ok but the stops terrible. Worst stops I ever made. It was booked by Joan Sweiderk of Grand Incentives, again same building and worked for Grace Martinez. Week resort was to be Sunset Lagoon in Cancun, MX. a $2, 250.00 a week resort. Stated 2 times in literature and presentation. When confirming, Lew, the CCGG cordinator, also same bldg and works or Jose Martinez, said it was the Aquamarina and our building was a 10-15 minute walk from the beach and to be on the beach was an additional $160.00. Wife - 2 hip replacements, me one, triple heart bypass, and cured prostate cancer. Paid the $160.00. Get to Cancun and ask - where is the other building. Told - there is no other building. Another couple from St Louis were also told the same and paid the $160.00. This should be enough for Jail, fine & reprimand.
    This was the worst hotel room I had ever seen and had to pay $100.00 to get a better room but also bad. Motel 6 was better.
    Submited complaint to Credit Card Company and got $160.00 back. I was told by the Division of Consumer Services in the Dept of Agriculture that the legal address for Premier Getaways was 333 108th Ave.NE, Belleview, WA 98004. Letter dated
    2 Dec., 2010. No reply yet. They will get all of this ifno from me in a few days. Google says the address is Expedia. I will be writing the Mayor, Chief of Police and Attny Gen. to see who is at this address and were Premier Getaways really is. Grand Getaways Vacations Club has an address in Englewood, CO. Posting says its an RV park and is really at Kings Creek Plantation, 191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA. Can anyone confirm this. I will be trying to confirm who Premier Getaways and Grand Getaways Vacations Club are and where they are actually are located. More phone calls and letters to state BBB offices, Attny Generals office and local police. Other than the presentation by Premier Getaways and use of the name Grand Getaways Vacation Club they have nothing to do with the program. Everything I have been involved with was at the 7560 Commerce Court address and CCGG and Grand Incentives in Sarasota, FL. I have been there twice. Jose was not available. Tommy Middaugh emailed me that he had no idea who made the presentation to me or what they said or who any distributors were or said and that CCGG never got into presentations. It was all done by approved distributors. If they are approved distributors why does henot know exacly who all of them are are what their presentations include. I have printed a complain from Colorads Springs, CO where he was in a presentation with Steve & Vickey Haberman. The man went back to the location and they were no longer at the address and the phone # was not operational. I have written Mike Schneider the CEO of Affinity Group, Inc, the corporate Hq and am waiting a reply.
    I have spent thousands of hours and thousands of dollars on this and will be getting results before too much longer. Been to Florida and am prepared to again.
    Contact me with complaints of information at [protected]@charter.net.
    Thank you. Do not give up, there will be justice in the end.

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2011

Mr. mark biondi, you should be ashamed of yourself by trying to trick people into buying your product, which after a lot of researching, it is not a good deal. I understand that in this economy everybody is out trying to make a buck, but you of all people, since you served int he miltary, should know better than trying to scam people. Seems like the majority of the people that attend you presentations feel that they have been scammed, and brought into the presentation under false pretenses. You and your partner, obviously were trying to sell us something, so why not mention it during the initial call that your marketing company makes to the victims. You should be held responsible for what the marketing company tells people, and saying that it is the marketing company MJJ's fault, should not relieve you from your responsibility. You promised all of the couples in the presentation that whatever we were promised, we would get at the end of the presentation... that was a lie, because unbeknownst to us, we didn't get what whas promised. We got come handouts, for us to fillout and mail with hopes that either we forget or give up in trying to get what we were promised. So you think you can get away with that? I think not... because Karma is a ###... and what goes around, comes around... I will post my opinion in every website that I can to let the people out there know what you and your company are all about.

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2011

Mr. Biondi... I did googled your name and didn't come up your pictures but some other Mark Biondi that is a musician... that is not you, right? You are not as famous as you thought...

• Di
      8th of Jun, 2011

What a nightmare! My husband and I were on our honeymoon when we got scammed in Kissimmee, FL. The salesman stated our credit card would always stay at 2%, it is now at 16.99% six months later. We told him we heard from a different timeshare presentation that they could offer us weekend getaways for $49 per night at 5-star hotels. When I called later to take advantage of this, the booking agent had never heard of anything like that. Our "free" complimentary trips we were given...when looking up the plane ticket prices, the daily fees, and the taxes and gratuities that were not covered, this "free" trip was going to cost us over $3000. As for our two weeks, we pay $199 for an entire week. However, plane tickets are not covered, transportation not covered, food and drinks not covered, and activities not covered. These two weeks cost just as much as an all-inclusive plan. We thought we wouldn't use our two weeks, though, because our salesperson told us he would sell our two weeks to people that really want them, and we would make the profits. The phone number our salesperson gave must always be on silent...he never answers and of course the voicemail is just a recording. How convienient. Our yearly membership fees are due in August, but they charged us for TWO years, and they charged us 3 months early. I have argued to have this taken off until August, but they are trying to convince me that they can add charges onto a credit card, but they are unable to take them off. I am waiting for upper management to call back. We will see if they will do at least one positive thing for us. NEVER buy into this scam, it is not worth it.

• Du
      27th of Jun, 2011

Well, unfortunately I fell for this scam as well during a vacation in the Bahamas last week. I checked it out online as soon as I returned home (two days after joining the club) and saw your warnings. The "Price Match" certificate did contain the information about 24 hours and before 5:00 pm; I couldn't believe I missed that!!
    I've emailed and faxed every company I could find in the paperwork associated with this membership. I'm hoping I'm goint to get out of this intact, but I'm worried about the Bank of America (not mentioned in my paperwork -- all I see is: Merchant Stewart Vaction Ownership in connection with the deposit on a credit card they arranged.) I do not intend to pay a penny, because I contacted everyone within 2 business days. I can't believe I fell for this; it seemed like a great plan. I am most disappointed in the staff of the APEX International Marketing office (15c Elizabeth on Bay Marketplace, Bay Street, Nassau, The Bahamas); all the smiles and referring to prayer and God's blessings while they were aware they were scamming us. So sad, but lesson learned. I contacted APEX (Bahamas), Conrad Co. (Escondido, CA), Grand Getaways Vacation (Florida), Merchant Stewart Vacation Ownership, and Lloydshare Ltd. -- Glad to have avoided years of problems with this company. By the way the plan offered was MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than anything you have mentioned here. The downpayment was @ 2, 100.00. :( So very disappointed!!!