[Resolved] Grammarly / I want my refund from grammarly.com

On 7/31/18, I signed up for Grammarly thinking that is was for $11.99 monthly charges, but I was charged $127.90, so the services were discontinued & the Grammarly software was promptly removed from my laptop.
I felt misled and violated by Grammarly because it was advertised that there would be monthly charges and NOT a whole year charge in advance. Whenever I made the purchase, I didn't receive a confirmation of the payment, NOR did I get a receipt. So, after a few hours had passed I went to my Chase account and saw that a WHOPPING $127.90 was deducted from my account I immediately notified Chase about my authorization for $11.99 monthly charge, and NOT the $127.90.

I have been trying to contact the Grammarly customer support in regards to getting a refund but I have not gotten a response.

• Resolution statement

I contacted a Grammarly representative via email and I was refunded. Thankfully. 😅

Pa
Sep 17, 2018

Comments

• Mi
      31st of Oct, 2018

can you please tell me how can you do that and how long does it take to refund? Thank you so much

• Ro
      25th of Nov, 2018

I also am dealing with the exact situation as you are and it sucks. I thought I was paying for the 11.66/month, and not the $139. I thought the $139 was another option if you want to pay altogether. I just ordered a premium about an hour ago and I need this to resolve, as I am going to be a broke college student if I don't get a refund. I also have the same question as how long did it take for them to get back to you?

• Am
      7th of Jan, 2019
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

I am going through the same problem. I have emailed them though. let's see what they reply!

• Je
      26th of Feb, 2019

@Ambria Fareed I'm having the same problem, did they refund you?

• Fi
      5th of Mar, 2019

Having the same issue please help

• Mo