Good Life Fitness / fraud

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

In September 2012 I purchased a promotional gym membership, 3 month term. Expiry was end of November 2012. This membership was paid with cash, the full amount.

November 2012, at that time I renewed my membership for another promotional account which was also 3 months expiring in February 2013. This membership was paid in cash, in full. However, the membership consultant advised me he needed my account information for file purposes but assured me my account would not be touched as I paid for my membership in full with cash.

During the months of December 2012 to March 2013 I received letters from Good Life stating I owed them an outstanding balance of $28. I brought this to the attention of the membership consultant. He told me he will take care of the charge as it was an error. I received another letter, in which I advised the club again. Further to this, my scan card would not work. This happened numerous times.

In February 2013 I received a letter from the lawyers of Good Life stating they are going to be taking me to collections for $58. I called the lawyers office right away and left a message. I also physically went into the Good Life location to advise them of the letter. I was told not to worry about it by staff.

I emailed both the lawyers office, manager of 10th Line Good Life and copied Good Life head office of the issue. I received a phone call from manager Ali. He was to call me back later in the week, which he did not. I followed up with an email over the weekend in which he replied. We set up at meeting on the Monday at 930am.

Monday I arrived for our meeting to fix the error. I waited until 10am to meet with Ali. However, no meeting was had. Rather a front desk employee got me to sign a piece of paper stating it was a club error and to waive the outstanding balance. I followed up with an email to the lawyers office with a reference number.

After this in March 2013, I noticed Good Life had been making fraudulent withdrawals from my chequing account. I went into my bank, launched an investigation and had my money refunded.

I spoke with head office of Good Life in March explaining the entire issue. My accounts were closed after a long battle with Good Life. The assured me no more payments would be taken out.

April 2013, they are still taking out money even after all my accounts have been shut down. No one from Good Life has returned my emails or phone calls.

As
Apr 20, 2013

Comments

• De
      5th of Mar, 2014
    Good Life Fitness - Unauthorized withdrawal
    All across Canada
    Canada
    goodlifefitness.com

They withdrew money without consent despite of cancelling the membership an year later!
    WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.. WISH THERE WAS ANOTHER GYM MONOPOLY so they would lower their prices down..
    WORST EXPERIENCE ACROSS SEVERAL GYMS. BEWARE & LOOK FOR ANOTHER MEMBERSHIP..

• Ta
      20th of Jul, 2015

Bought 1200 worth of training then the Trainor is always unavailable. Then I'm told I have to use in 1 year and can't change trainor.