Gold's Gym / continue to bill account after cancellation

1 Tewksbury, MA, United States Review updated:

After requiring that cancellation be sent via registered/return receipt they continue to bill your bank account.

Comments

• Em
      10th of Aug, 2011

I agree with you 100% about the management or mismanagement of Golds Gym in Tewskbury MA. I submitted a certified return receipt cancellation notice accompanied by a doctor's note stating that I was unable to exercise, Gold's forced me to pay 6 weeks of dues while I was unable to exercise because of medical problems. I fulfilled my contract with Gold's years ago, but there is no reasoning with the staff. They are rude & the bottom line is $$$$. My daughter cancelled her membership 2 years ago and made the mistake of mailing the form in regular mail. Gold's stated that they never received her letter and continued to bill her for an additional 2 months. They also never honored their promotion of giving my daughter a free momth of dues for referring a friend. In addition to that, Gold's never allowed me to use my visitor passes for family members. I'm watching my credit card acct to see if they try to continue billing me. Gold's Gym should be reported to the Attorney General's Office.