Golden Corral Restaurant - Beaumont, Texas / after eating at golden corral many times, I never will again

United States Review updated:
1.45
I hope this is the correct way to post a complaint. This is about the Golden Corral restaurant on 4145 College in Beaumont, Texas.

We ate at this restaurant tonight. A few minutes after we got there, a small church group arrived and one man parted from the group and sat by himself directly behind our table. The restaurant wasn't very busy at all, so this was strange. The man later proved to have some mental problems. He kept commenting on everything we ate (from the buffet), and if we didn't eat it all, he would outburst about poor countries and the Tsunami where they don't have anything to eat. At one point, he yelled at my nine year old sister for wasting food. "Is she really eating an ice cream after not eating all that food? Is she going to eat the rest of that? That's why the prices keep going up and up and up! Unbelievable!" What was really strange is that he sat there so meekly after these tirades and was even nice a couple of times. After telling a waitress and asking her to speak to him, we saw her go over and consult with some other wait staff, but then she just came over and wiped up the tables around the man. To my knowledge, nothing was ever said to him. After eating at Golden Corral many times, I never will again. Not after that experience. If he had been spoken to, it wouldn't have been so bad and I probably would want to come back. And guess what..right now I don't care at all about poor countries. Way to get your message across!
Kd

Comments

Jg
  5th of Dec, 2006
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Why didn't you tell the guy to pound sand? We really do live in the age of the wimp! If that guy was sitting behind me he would've been out the door on his rear.
Da
  13th of Dec, 2006
I don't agree how the message by the man was delivered; but I do agree with his message. I have been to the buffets; and people leave a lot of good food uneaten. The price keeps going up; and, this may be the reason. Parents should teach their children not to be wasteful in all aspects of their life. The way you ended the complaint, says to me; that no message delivered any way; would, make a difference to you folks. The Golden Corral has a good buffet; and they decided not to make this situation into something bad.
Mi
  12th of Feb, 2009
If that man was asking you not to waste food, where in the world he was wrong??
you should teach kids not to waste food. its not only the problem of poor countries its a global fear factor.
and wht the hell you mean by saying you dont care about poor countries? you dont care about dying people?
you dont care about children suffering from malnutrition?
Ka
  23rd of Jun, 2009
what the hell do you mean by saying you dont care about poor people? i disagree with you the man was right and you was wrong parents should teach childeren not to waste food done deal! so get off that poor mans back and back off!
Tg
  18th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree that someone from the G C staff should have told him to keep his mouth shut or leave. You paid to eat the buffet so you deserve to get to eat diner in peace. And I say screw the poor countries. Kids dying of malnutrition, sounds like the parents should have thought before they brought them into a disease infested third world armpit. this is America. Home of the over weight and wasteful. It's our rite to be this way.
Do
  5th of Sep, 2011
I personally would have asked the wait staff to move us, away from him, if the resturant was that empty, or maybe went to the head of the church group and see if they could refrain the gentleman from the comments, agree is correct in statements but not as to where he was saying them and to who he was saying them. I guess if you like the food and have a good time normally, I would not stop going...
Do
  5th of Sep, 2011
Oh and just incase you doubt I am from Beaumont, let me inform you that Golden Corral is not on College, it actually is on the feeder road of I 10 and faces Washington St.

Golden Corral Logo Golden Corral