GoldCar Rental / unexplained credit card charges
We paid for a hire car 18 October through Ryanair, a total of £33.79. When we arrived at the GoldCar desk at Malaga 9 November we were not asked if we wanted to purchase extra insurance cover or choose to have to 1100 euros as a deposit on our credit card. We would not have opted for additional cover as we have an annual policy which gives us full cover including zero excess. Paperwork was signed at the desk without any indication that any extra charges would be incurred.
On receipt of our credit card statement we have found a charge of £249.35 then a refund of £61.76 leaving us with a charge of £187.59 when we believed that we had paid Ryanair in full.
Staff at the GoldCar desk did not explain what was being signed for or give any choice as to our options therefore we feel that the sum of £187.59 should be refunded immediately.
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - fuel charges and services
- GoldCar Rental - not notified about extra charge to card
- GoldCar Rental - car rental booked at marseille airport from 8.10.2018 to 15.10.2018
- GoldCar Rental - unethical behaviour
- GoldCar Rental - money wrongly taken from my credit card.