[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / unauthorized credit card charges and unethical behaviour

Spain Review updated:

Car rented between 22-08-2017 and 23-08-2017.
Reservation: [protected]
Registration: 3062 JZZ

We rented a car from the Alicante office and noticed there were several small to larger scratches and marks on the car: a long scratch down the side, a small piece broken from the plastic part of the front bumper and 2 or 3 other scratches.

We took photos of this damage, brought the car to the office, informed a male employee and asked him to take a look. On his tablet, he noted and documented one, possibly two of the marks. He didn't document any of the other marks, including the damaged bumper but assured us this and the other marks were not a problem. My wife signed the tablet.

We returned the car the following day. No member of staff looked at the car in our presence on it's return.

On the [protected], Goldcar took 821.90 Euros from our bank account. My wife was only told why this money was taken after several protracted calls and emails to your customer services department. Via email, the reason given was because of alleged damage to the car, without any explanation of what this alleged damage actually was.

We have both since contacted Goldcar on email, phone and even Twitter @goldcarcares in an attempt to find out what the alleged damage was and to resolve this issue.

We sent our photos to Goldcar Customer Services department and @goldcarcares to cross reference showing timed and dated damage already done to the car. This was clear proof that the damage was already there before we took the car with us, as the check in time and time on our pictures match.

We were finally sent their images via an extremely rude email from M. Amparo PĂ©rez 3 weeks later The damage shown in the images was not made by us. We have also noted that these photos are not dated and that they include 2 photos of damage already made to the car when we picked it up, which the member of staff photographed in front of us.

They have since said that not all of the damage was done us and offered us half of the money back. Which we have refused.

The correspondence has now dried up completely. The only satisfactory outcome of this stressful, expensive and time-consuming issue is to have the money returned immediately.

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 27, 2017

Dear customer,

Thanks for reviewing your experience with our company. We are working really hard to improve our services.

After a very long and detailed investigation into your case, we want to inform you that you have only been delivered one of the two damages (after revising the pictures you sent, once again).

We are really sorry.

Kind regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative.

Tr
Sep 22, 2017

Comments

• So
      Sep 27, 2017

We have issues too with a rented car via Goldcar Malaga. Without any information or explanation, they booked an insurrance fee we have never asked for. In fact, we told the office employee in Malaga we have our own insurrance. We received some Spanish information about the booking, with, also in Spanish, the details about insurrance. We both don't speak Spanish and the employee didn't explain anything about what we signed. Goldcar doesn't respond to our requests and keeps sending automatic replies. So far, also a very bad experience with Goldcar...

Dec 09, 2017

I have at the moment a long running saga with the hire of a vehicle i hired from Alicante Airport. The vehicle was returned in the early hours of the 8th November and the keys were put through their letterbox. Ten days later it was noticed that a total of 605.08euros £536.87 pounds had been taken from my account. I requested photograph evidence which on the second time of asking they provided. The photos supplied showed a considerable scratch along the front and rear door. I forwarded a video which had been taken at the return of the vehicle to prove my case. I received an e-mail accepting my evidence and an agreement that this would be credited to my account. They have credited my account but only to the tune of 550 euros £486.06pounds a difference of 55.08 euros or £50.81. It is his amount of £50.81 i am chasing them for and as yet they have not had the courtesy to reply to my e-mails.
    Gap Cementario 1465785 /bonoagencia DYS-23141642 jvb PDURG I do hope that the above can be resolved. Many Thanks John King
    e- mail address jennie.[protected]@talktalk.net