GoldCar Rental / goldcar booking no [protected]. at arrivals terminal office, malaga airport.

1 Arrivals terminal office, Garcia, Calle Comandante, Spain

Car was hired on the 18th January 2019. There was no problem with the car and it was dropped off on the 22nd of January 2019 as agreed on the hire contract.
I knew that there had been no damage to the vehicle as I was very careful and after 48 years of unblemished driving experience I was happy and confident that there had been no damage done.
I also have had more than twenty years of car rental service with Goldcar in Spain and France and have had no real complaints until now.
Being honest and perhaps a little naive I parked the car in a good spot below a spot light in the check-in area. I double-checked the car for any damage which I might have missed but there was nothing to report.
However when I presented the car to the check-in agent he pointed out a superficial scratch on the top of the boot lid and told me that I would be liable for this damage. I immediately assured him that I was not responsible and also that the minor scratch did not damage the paintwork and could be easily removed with a good wash and a rub with a little wax polish. He assured me that it was okay and that everything was sorted so I could go to my flight without any further worry.
However at 18.14 on the 23rd of January I got an e-mail from Goldcar as an AGP Notification to say that I had been charged 200 euros for this alleged damage.I have attached a copy of this charge. It says "Check-in Hatchback door" although the car was not actually a Hatchback but a 5-door saloon and the alleged damage was not even significant or noticeable and typical of everyday wear and tear for a car of this age.
I am stunned, disappointed and shocked that Goldcar would try to obtain charges in such a dishonest and underhand way particularly to a long time and loyal customer.
I await your response to my complaint before I may have to pursue this disgraceful action further.
Please ask your Customer Services personnel at Malaga Airport to investigate this issue immediately.
Kind regards,
William Horner
(Copy of mail and photos to follow)

Li