[Resolved] GoldCar Rental

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 by

charged €1,500 for burn on passenger seat on vehicle at pick up (photographs proving same)

GOLDCAR - Incidencias - Nº Expediente: 1328463
Client code - 9634346
Contract Number 10879793

I have discovered on my Credit card statement that I have been charged
€1, 500 from Goldcar . I contacted Customer services who state that it was
for a cigarette burn on the passenger seat. This burn was on the car when I
collected it at Godcar Reus Airport and I have photographs with the Goldcar
car park ticket clearly showing the damage before I left the Gold car car park at Reus airport and it is date stamped . The damage was on the car before I hired it.
I showed this photograph tothe Goldcar Representative at Murcia airport who took note and said it would be ok. I am very dissapointed I have been charged this amount which I did not cause. I never received an email informing me of the extra charge for the damge, which is not fair practice. I want re-imbursement of my€1, 500 .

Photographs are available proving my assertion.

I have forwarded several emails with my photographs to customer services in in the past week with no response whatsoever. I want prompt action and refund.

Paul Pender

GoldCar Rental

Resolution statement

I submitted detailed emails to CS@Goldcar.com along with photographic evidence. I also lodged an Incident report on the Goldar website. Eventually after several emails with no response I received an email from them confirming that my photographs show I was correct and they admitted it ws their error. I also submitted a disputed tranacction through My Credit Card Company as a secondary measure but It looks like my photograph was enough for Goldcar who conceded they were wrong. Very poor response time from this company. My advice : Don't use Goldcar and if you hire a car Ensure you document any damage before you leave their car park and take a lot of photographs of the vehicle with the Car Park Ticket from the company before you leave their car park to support your position.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 16, 2017
Dear Paul,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with our company.

I can see you already formed a complaint. We are currently working on your case and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Updated by Paul Pender, Aug 29, 2017
My Complaint has been resolved . Full refund of €1, 500 to my bank account. Hereunder is reply from Goldcar on 25th August :

Dear Mr. PENDER
Thank you for your email about your recent Goldcar vehicle rental and the subsequent charge to cover the cost repairing the vehicle’s upholstery (car front seat).
I have reviewed the photographic evidence you submitted and compared this with our own records which show that there was an error on our system. I apologise for the inconvenience and can confirm that we have refunded the difference of 1500€ to your credit card.
I hope this clarifies matters but please do get back in contact if you require further information.
Kind regards,
Tania
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree