[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / charged €1,500 for burn on passenger seat on vehicle at pick up (photographs proving same)

1 Spain

GOLDCAR - Incidencias - Nº Expediente: 1328463
Client code - 9634346
Contract Number 10879793

I have discovered on my Credit card statement that I have been charged
€1, 500 from Goldcar . I contacted Customer services who state that it was
for a cigarette burn on the passenger seat. This burn was on the car when I
collected it at Godcar Reus Airport and I have photographs with the Goldcar
car park ticket clearly showing the damage before I left the Gold car car park at Reus airport and it is date stamped . The damage was on the car before I hired it.
I showed this photograph tothe Goldcar Representative at Murcia airport who took note and said it would be ok. I am very dissapointed I have been charged this amount which I did not cause. I never received an email informing me of the extra charge for the damge, which is not fair practice. I want re-imbursement of my€1, 500 .

Photographs are available proving my assertion.

I have forwarded several emails with my photographs to customer services in in the past week with no response whatsoever. I want prompt action and refund.

Paul Pender

GoldCar Rental

• Resolution statement

I submitted detailed emails to CS@Goldcar.com along with photographic evidence. I also lodged an Incident report on the Goldar website. Eventually after several emails with no response I received an email from them confirming that my photographs show I was correct and they admitted it ws their error. I also submitted a disputed tranacction through My Credit Card Company as a secondary measure but It looks like my photograph was enough for Goldcar who conceded they were wrong. Very poor response time from this company. My advice : Don't use Goldcar and if you hire a car Ensure you document any damage before you leave their car park and take a lot of photographs of the vehicle with the Car Park Ticket from the company before you leave their car park to support your position.

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 16, 2017

Dear Paul,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with our company.

I can see you already formed a complaint. We are currently working on your case and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative.

• Updated by Paul Pender, Aug 29, 2017

My Complaint has been resolved . Full refund of €1, 500 to my bank account. Hereunder is reply from Goldcar on 25th August :

Dear Mr. PENDER
    Thank you for your email about your recent Goldcar vehicle rental and the subsequent charge to cover the cost repairing the vehicle’s upholstery (car front seat).
    I have reviewed the photographic evidence you submitted and compared this with our own records which show that there was an error on our system. I apologise for the inconvenience and can confirm that we have refunded the difference of 1500€ to your credit card.
    I hope this clarifies matters but please do get back in contact if you require further information.
    Kind regards,