[Resolved] GoldCar Rental

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 by

car rental goldcar... many unpleasant surprises

Faro + Lisbon, Spain
goldcar.es
FAO Notification - Contract: 12149089
Dear Sir/Madam,
Goldcar has turned out to be the worst and biggest cheat car rental company i have come across in 22 years of renting cars around the world. One charge after another keep getting added on at every step of teh way... one nasty surprise after another.

I will be exploring avenues of suing you for all these illegal charges. I am aware of the EU regulations for protecting customer rights in car rentals. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-5334_en.htm

At the airport when I went to collect the car, you first charged me 359€ on top of the 200€ rental charges with full cover that I had already paid AutoEurope.eu.
In addition to that, you collected 132€ towards deposit for fuel and Via Verde charges.

This deposit has not yet been returned to me even 1 week after i returned the car.

On top of that, you have the nerve to send me emails from noreply addresses wherein you tell me I have to pay €7.15 for Via verde charges... and 30€ towards cleaning!

In what way do I have to pay 30€ to cleaning, when I have paid an extra 163€ for all risk cover?? Where was this mentioned when I went to take the rental???

I am furious with your attitude and 100% going to find a way to make your company be answerable for this!

Resolution statement

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 16, 2017
Dear Sukhad,

Thank you very much for taking a bit of your time to review your experience with our company. We are working really hard to improve the services we provide.

After reading your comment, I understand that you booked a third party's coverage.
Therefore, I'd like to explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter.

We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company, this is how the third party's coverage policy works. This information must be given by your broker.

We always recommend our additional coverage to customers for their peace of mind because thanks to it, they will be fully protected in case of an accident and we won't be liable if any damage is made to the car.

In regards to the Via Verde device, as you can see in the following link, https://www.goldcar.es/en/viaverde/, the ViaVerde device is rented out to spare customers the hassle of paying in person in a post office or ‘Payshop’ the next day –or up to 5 days after using the toll- and of course you avoid being fined for not paying the fees due.

In regards to the Special Cleaning, it has nothing to do with the insurance. If you receive a clean car, you have to deliver it clean, as we don't have material time to clean the cars because of the customer overload during the high-season.

About the fact of being charged because of the Flex Fuel system, with which you leave a deposit for a full fuel tank the day you pick the car up, and when you return it, the amount of used fuel will be charged by Goldcar and your deposit will be refunded. This rate has management costs due to several advantages attached to the own service, and they are specified on our website: (www.goldcar.es/SDR)

All of the points mentioned above are reflected in our Terms & Conditions: https://www.goldcar.es/en/tc/

Kind regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree