Goldcar / goldcar withholding majority of deposit due to damages, on rental car that were there when we picked up the car.
Client Number: [protected]
We rented a car via Goldcar Malaga, which we picked up on the 7th of June 2017.
The contract showed a number of scratches on the vehicle, which we of course investigated before leaving the parking garage.
Additional significant scratches and bumps were found and documented via photos.
We then showed the pictures to the agent who then updated the contract, signed and stamped it.
When we returned the car, the offices were closed and we dropped the keys as aggreed.
Now, three days later we only receive a small margin of the deposite.
I have called customer service who just replies that this is due to damages on the vehicle. Only place to report an complaint is through a site, where no photo proofs can be uploaded.
The car has only been used on the road and has been parked in a private garage most of the time. We are absolutely certain, that no additional damages has happened
Resulution: Please return the full amount of our deposite.
We have rented cars many times before and this is the first time such a thing has happened. Very rude and very sad that this is accepted by some.
More Goldcar Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - car rental
- Goldcar - unethical behaviour 
- [Resolved] Gold Car - assistant at check in desk-further comment
- Goldcar - car hire
- GoldCar Rental - charges for damage that were not my damages and I have the proof!