Goldcar / car hire

1 Catania, Italy

Hello,

Carhire at Catania aerport with Goldcar, on arrival I was refused a car, and no refund of the cost of carhire, booking ref:[protected]

Because I did not have a credit card, I told the desk manager that I had the deposit covered on my debit card. The desk manager said it was company policy to only accept credit cards as a deposit. But I hadpaid for the car on the internet with my debit card!

I was told I could not have a car or a refund on the rental, I had to go to another carhire in Catania and hire another car on my DEBIT CARD with the Deposit of only 500 euro instead of 1, 200 deposit for the same group a car.

I am in the process of trying to claim my carhire fee back from Goldcar, no reply yet!

It seems to me that this company is running a business that that has no ethical standards or a duty of care to its customers, in fact it just steals customers money at will, even though it has recieved sanctions and fines against it. IT continues to act in a criminal manner, and this needs to be exposed through the mainstream media and TV. I am sick of being ripped off by rouge companies that are allowed to steal openingly peoples money.

"After many complaints received by the ECC-Net (where ECC Sweden is included) regarding the car rental companies Goldcar and Firefly, the Italian Competition Authority (AGCM) acted. Goldcar and Firefly get a fine of 2 and 1.6 million euros because of their unfair practices.

Booking a rental car online could be easy and cheap. But often consumers are urged to pay additional fees when they pick up their car at the rental desk. It is therefore good to read the information on the rental car company website when you rent through an intermediary or a tour operator.
Insufficient price information on additional insurance

Goldcar is punished now for aggressively advertising their additional products. The Italian Competition Authority (AGCM) declared: Goldcar does not inform consumers clearly and sufficiently about coverage and prices of the additional insurances. The AGCM did also not accept terms and conditions regarding refuelling. The Competition Authority criticized the company for taking advantage of consumers being in a weak position.in total, a fine of two million Euros was imposed on Goldcar Italy and Goldcar Spain"

Ma