Gold Car / gold car rental - pisa airport - 26 may 2018

1 HQ - Spain, Italy

When I arrived at Pisa airport and went to the Gold Car customer desk the guy there would not let me take the car until I paid for insurance. I showed him the insurance policy I had bought specially for the Italy holiday online off the Gold Car website.

He said it was invalid and illegal to use the insurance in Italy. We argued for about 15 mins I was hot as were family. In the end I bought a new policy and was charged 192.45 (euros) (£169 in pounds sterling) in addition to the fee (over £120+) I had paid previously for use of the hire car.

I see another charge of £48.78 has just appeared on my credit card bill (7.7.2018) which is over month since I returned? I do not know why as I was told I had paid everything so why another hidden feel over a month later? This addition fee makes me worry that it could be a scam or potential fraud or an honest mistake?

When I filled out a Gold Car survey on customer satisfaction when I got back and explained what happened in detail and guess what? Nothing happened it was ignored. It tells a lot about a company doesn't it

My reference: FP773EP - another code given on the receipt is: FAU 210

voucher ref: IT [protected]

Desirable solution: to refund me the money which I have had to pay in addition to the agreed fee when I booked the car off the Gold Car website (ie the unauthorised and hidden £48.78 (7.7.2018) and the cost of the insurance I did not want which I had to pay at the airport: 192 euros (£169).

David