Godaddy / godaddy sucks top to bottom

I have had GoDaddy for ten years
consistently complained about problems
no help from Customer Service
a month ago wrote the five top execs with this letter
no response whatsoever

November 1, 2016

Dear Ms. Rechterman,

I’m a Voiceover Guy—for commercials, narrations, promos for radio and TV stations.
I worked with GoDaddy ten years ago to build a website and included audio demos
of my work for prospective clients.

Over the years I’ve had people tell me they couldn't hear my demos when they clicked on them.

I’ve called several times over the years asking what could be done about it. I’ve been assured that your tech folks would fit the problem. The last call was August 10, 2015. The advisor told me he had a team that would see the problem was fixed. I assumed it was.

I’ve had a few more calls recently from prospective clients saying they couldn't hear the demos. And I am about to ask tech support for help in uploading new demos I have just completed.

So I called and spoke with some of your tech people tonight, explained the history and the problem, spent half an hour while that rep consulted with her colleagues. She said th problem was that people responding had to have the latest version of FLASH on their iPhones, iPads or computers. Ten years after building the site I hear this.

She then offered the following:

I should investigate websites which could convert my MP3s so they could be used on my GoDaddy website.

Upgrade to Version 7 because Version 6—which I’ve had—does not support MP3s.

A three month extension of my contract with GoDaddy.

Completely unacceptable to me. I paid hundreds of dollars over the years assuming I was getting complete web hosting and assuming that my demos would play for clients who went to the site and clicked on the demos page.

Who knows how many of those years have passed and how many prospective clients have
simply not considered me for their job because they couldn't hear samples of what I’ve done.

I have not gotten what I have paid for. Regardless of the number of phone calls. Or the number of your tech reps I’ve spoken with. Again, I have assumed the problem has been fixed. I’ve stuck with GoDaddy all these years.

I believe you owe me.

I believe GoDaddy should upgrade my website to Version 7 and include my demos as MP3
at no cost to me.

And I believe GoDaddy should extend my agreement for at least two years at no cost to me.

I have believed GoDaddy’s commitment to make the world better, one domain at a time. I have believed your motto to hustle, adapt, listen and repeat. GoDaddy has failed to deliver on its commitment to me.

I believe Go Daddy is better than this. And I am counting on you to make it right.

Richard Klinger