GMPartsDirect.com / return plicy

I ordered a replacement seat cushion for my Grand Am using the part number off their website. Well the part ended up being the wrong part due to their wrong part number. The correct part is no longer made and they or GM must have substituted a different part that was only off by one number but it will not fit in the seat properly. I'm sure the number was substituted in order to try and get rid of the seat cushions they had in stock. Gmpartsdirect.com will not take the part back because i did not verify the part number before i ordered it. There is no way to verify the number by phone since they have no phone customer service, only email. I'd love to use some choice words about what i think of them but i will only say that i will never ever order from them again for myself or my friend's cars.

Do Not Trust Their Part Numbers on anything special order or really any part because i read that it is a pain to return any part. If you are in a rush for a part, do not bother with them because the whole idea of having to email them to verify part numbers is nutty.

GMPartsDirect.com

Po

Comments

• Ri
      14th of Apr, 2011

Don't bother getting a phone number. Even if you do speak to a live person, in my case the Manager, you still get scammed and nothing he says will be done. I've been three days, my funds are tied up with paypal and I don't even have a conformation a part is ordered. I have emailed each day and apparantly my email has been sent to junk because I get no responce. I have filed a BB complaint, but a lot of good it will do with my part.
    SUMMARY, no matter what the price, it's not work the aggrevation and being treated like a piece of Crap. JUST DON'T DO IT, YOU'LL BE SORRY.

15th of Sep, 2011

I should have read this before I ordered. I have been getting the run around ever since I ordered a remote mirror switch.

15th of Sep, 2011

I wish I would have read this before they got my money. I have been getting the same run around after ordering a remote mirror switch.

• Mi
      21st of Nov, 2015

Their shipping was so slow that I had to order my parts from somewhere else. When I tried to cancel the order with GMPartsdirect because it was going to take more than a week for delivery, they refused. What's even more frustrating is that I paid extra for 2-day shipping and then it took 7 days for them to ship the parts. Believe it or not, I will go to a dealership to buy my parts before I will go to GMPartsdirect in the future.

• Ji
      14th of Mar, 2016

GMpartsdirect is the WORST online purchase experience I have ever had. 3 weeks to get a simple order, non existent customer service. I sent 2 emails with no reply, left a message, with no call back. when I did finally receive the order, a part was missing, and I certainly dont expect a reply about this ( emailed them already). RUN... far and fast away from this company.

17th of Mar, 2016

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU EVEN GET A REPLY!!

"This company has the worst customer service of any online retailer I have ever used. It took over a week to get someone to answer an email and forget about the phone, no one ever answers and they will not call you back if you leave a message or request a call in an email. My biggest complaint is their return policy. I ordered a part through their on line catalog, the catalog picture labeling was wrong and the text was misleading so I end up with the wrong part because of these errors in their catalog. Their response was
    "Upon placing a new order with GmPartsDirect.com for the correct part number by our customer service team, we will override the site policies this once and authorize a return for part number 15943288, restocking fees will be reduced to 20% from 35%.
    Please keep in mind part number 15943288 is a special order part and is not returnable. The online catalog is offered by RevolutionParts, a third party vendor.
    If the rear manifold pipe is needed a new order will need to be placed for part number 15943289 via the website. Please reply to this email supplying your new order number to receive your RGA number and complete return instructions."
    I do not feel I should be charged a restocking fee for an error in their catalog, I WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN.

• Mu
      13th of Oct, 2016

I ordered a "coded" key FOB for my 2013 Chevy Malibu. Because the "coded" key fob cost more that the non-coded version, I expected it to immediately open my car door since I provided my car's VIN#. I also thought the key would be cut to match my VIN#, but it came blank. I also noticed that the part # they sent me, did not match the part # I ordered (that was clearly on my order receipt). I complained about both and they just sent me their return policy information that required me to pay the return shipping costs and a 25% re-stocking fee. I wrote another email saying I would not pay anything for a part their people sent me that was wrong. I requested a call from a supervisor, and even after I sent a third email, I received no communication from them. Bottom line, their alleged customer service SUCKS! Warning - DO NOT buy anything from this company as they are scammers and have horrible customer service.

• Bi
      3rd of Jan, 2017

This is a pathetic company which has a sole purpose of screwing the customer over and over again.