Global Tel Link / CORRECTIONS BILLING

1 Riverdale, GA, United States Review updated:

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH MCI/GLOBALT TEL LINK FOR AWHILE. THEY DO HAVE VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. MOST OF THE EMPLOYEES THAT ANSWER THE PHONE ARE NOT JOB ORIENTED NR ENGLISH SPEAKINGH. THEY GET ATTITUDES WHEN YOU ARE THE PURCHASER OF THEIR PRODUCT. I WOULD EXPECT MORE HOSPITABLE PERSONS.
THERE ARE SO MANY ERRORS COMPLETED BY THEM. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 2 YEARS NOW TO GET MY PHONE SERVICE CHANGED OVER INTO MY NAME. INSTEAD THEY MAKE ME GO TO WESTERN UNION TO PAY A BILL IN SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME.
THEIR PRICES ARE TOO HIGH FOR THE 15 MIN YOU RECEIVED FROM THE FACILITIES. THEY CHARGE YOU THE REGULAR RATE EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT TALKED YOUR FULL 15MIN AND THE PHONE HUNG UP SOME SORT OF WAY ON THEIR END. THEY DON'T REALLY WANT TO HEAR IT. PLEASE DON'T TRY TO ESCALATE IT BECASUE THEY WILL HANG UP ON YOU PURPOSELY OR PASS THE PHONE TO SOMEONE WHOM IS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THAT PERSON AND IS NOT A SUPERVISOR.

SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS COMPANY.

Comments

13th of May, 2008

you would think they would make it easyer on us to talk to are child, yes they have made a mistake, and they are paying for it, , we are all stuffering because of it, , iam a single mother and have had a hard time financially, but if my son didnt get to call home and talk to me and the family how would he act in there .it makes him deal with the prison life a little better just getting to talk to us, , you would think they would lower the price on the phone calls, but they are taking advantage of a poor loving mother, , jonda, , pedro ohio

• Ka
      10th of Oct, 2008

I agree with all the complaints that I have read to date. It has been my unfortunate experience to have had only 2 dealings with this company to date. My 4 year old grandson is suffering in all of this. I have had my phone blocked 2 times now so that my son could not call me from prison. I was not even told that the block was placed. Another inmates family called to tell me what was going on. Needless to say my son was very upset that he could not get his calls through to his son. I was told by this company that I had to use their billing service or I would not recieve any calls from my son period. The company also told me that my calls are limited to 100.00 per month and then the phone is blocked until I pay the bill. If I want to go over that amount I have to place a 50.00 deposit. I had another outside phone carrier and have been paying my bill with unlimited amounts of calls. Like other complaints I have too have experienced interruptions in service by the automated messages. It causes a lose of about 2 or more minutes of our conversation from the limited 15 minute call. You are unable to talk to your loved one during these extra messages. I ask why did I accept the charges with the same message at the very beginning of the call just to be interrupted 2 more times. I'm sure that my bill includes those loses of minutes. I too have experienced the rudeness of the employees they take it personal when you question the company practice. In my opinion this company has a monoply on the prison phone systems and something needs to be done. I have notified the Attoney General's Office in Ohio to investigate this company. If there is any justice in the world I know that the Attorney Generals Office can do something.

• Li
      28th of Nov, 2008

I have to agree with others. I have been recieving $300 to $400 phone bills for 3 years with MCI and when they switched to Global Tel-Link, my bill was $50 and they blocked my number. They said I didn't pay the bill and I hadn't even recieved a bill and when I asked for my bill, it took them another 2 months before they finally sent it and then wanted a deposit to unblock my number. That was there error and I think they were to high and also charged the entire 15 mins. reguardless of how long you talk to the inmate. I think that it shouldn't cost this much to talk to your loved one's in a correctional facility.

• We
      25th of May, 2009

Global Tel Link is one of the worst third party phone companies I have ever had to deal with. The customer service department is terrible. They love to say "I don't know. Duh, I am a Global Tel Link customer service rep and I am stupid".
    We were just billed for four months of telephone calls from our daughter at a correctional facility. Before that we were billed monthly and now we have a HUGH telephone bill to deal with. I cannot find a job but now I want to be a supid customer service rep for Global Tel Link so I can get paid to be able to pay this bill.
    It took 2 hours and 45 minutes to "discuss" this issue with them and I was told by Zack Oper. #0011 that I am the only person that this has happened to. I'm going to play the lottery today with those odds. How can I get rid of these idiots?

19th of Aug, 2009

I AGREE WITH EVERY COMMENT THAT WAS POSTED. GLOBAL TEL LINK DOES HAVE ONE OF THE WORST REPUTATION IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY OVERCHARGE ON THE CONNECTION FEE INLCUDING TAXES AND THE COST PER MINUTE FOR A CALL. IF THERE IS NO FUND IN THE ACCOUNT, THE CALL WILL NOT CONNECT UNLESS YOU ADD MONEY TO THE ACCOUNT. HOWEVER, THEY WILL ARGUE WITH THE CUSTOMER (MYSELF) AND TELL ME THAT I OWE THEM MONEY FROOM A PREVIOUS CALL OR SEVERAL OTHER CALLS. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE AT ALL? THEY DON'T CONNECT YOU AT ALL IF THERE'S NO FUND BUT YET I DO THEM MONEY. THE CALL DISCONNECTS WHEN THERE'S NO MORE FUNDS LEFT IN THE ACCOUNT SO HOW CAN I GO OVER MY MINUTES. AND THEY DO HANG UP ON YOU IF YOU TRY TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO THEM AND WILL HAND OVER THE CALL TO THEIR NEIGHBORING REP WHO WILL TELL YOU THE SAME EXACT THING, AND WORST OF ALL TO TELL YOU THAT HE/SHE IS A SUPERVISOR. THEY ARE A PACK OF UNEDUCATED ###S WORKING IN THERE. i WILL REPORT THEM TO THE BBB. THANKS.

• Je
      24th of Jun, 2010

Global Tel Link is a service enforced by a system ran on money. If you have poor credit or no credit established at all, this company will easily scam you. Needless to say, it has it perks of cheaper calls but with cheaper calls come bad service. It is a way that a company can easily take your money without jails having to deal with collect call charges and limits to airtime themselves. If your state has a pdf file online, you can probably see the rates and information if you google "Global Tel Link (Your State)". That is really the best you can do since there is no other way of contacting your love ones from jail. I am going through the same hassle now.