Global Personals Ltd Windsor / credit card charges

1 South Africa Review updated:

a charge of R285 was charged by GLOBAL PERSONALS LTD WINDSOR to my credit card, I want to know for what reason, I want a refund or I will be taken legal action

Comments

• Zs
      8th of Jul, 2011

Sir,
    I have cancelled my account with you at the end of April 2011, I have not received any messages from you since.can we please stop payment as I dont want any further
    letters from you.
    thanks.
    H.A.Vermaak

30th of Aug, 2011

HOW DO I CONTACT YOU, YOU ARE TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE I'M FROM AUSTRALIA AND CAN'T RING YOUR NUMBER I WANT ANSWERS NOW !!! MATT

1st of Jan, 2012

who is this company and how are they getting bank card details... They have just taken money from my account and I don't know who they are/

• Rw
      26th of Jan, 2012

THEY HAVE TAKEN MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT ASWELL THEY HAVE CHARGED +- R500 FROM MY ACCOUNT JUST THIS MONTH. HOW ARE THEY GETTING BANKING DETIALS I HAVE NEVER SWIPED MY CARD AND ALWAYS PULL MONEY SO THERE COULD BE NO CLONNING DONE IT MUST BE A SINDICATE.

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2012

I am from Australia and was recently charged $89.95 from Global Personals Ltd Windsor and i don't know what the charges are for. They sent no receipt to outline the charges/transaction and i have tried contacting them a number of times to get an answer, however i have never heard back from them. Time for us all to get together and take legal action as i don't think it is fair that they can withdraw money from your account and not give you a receipt of purchase. Jesse

• Un
      12th of Mar, 2012

I was charged by Global Personals Ltd. Two separate amounts, within a few days of each other.
    I have never joined a dating site. I do not subscribe to any of their publications. When I noticed the charges, I contacted them and they said that my details do not match what they have linked to may card. I asked them to refund, they refused and said for me to make my bank do a chargeback. So what did they do after I complained about the first two debits?
    They then charged four new random amounts.
    This is because they then knew that the random account number that they had phished was active.

This is fraud perpetrated by Global Personals as they are the only unauthorised transactions I have ever had on my credit card. No other transactions have been made, so that then proves that the one organisation responsible for fraudulent activity on my card is the debiting organisation, Global Personals.

From this, is would seem the case that Global Personals has a policy of skimming random credit card numbers hoping that people do not notice the billing, get their bank to do a random refund so that Global Personals gets to keep the cash, or that customers just let them keep it as they are not sure if they subscribed to one of their sites or not.

Global Personals have proven themselves to be credit scammers, and operate by illegally and fraudulently phishing credit card accounts.

• Yv
      20th of May, 2012

My name is Yvonne Grinham and I find that the amount of $169 plus taken out of my account WITHOUT my permission. I willcancel the site I was on and require the above anmount to be refunded to my account as soon as possible.
    I am a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia and if the above is not donewith 5 working days, legal actionwill be instigated.
    I will be watching my bankaccount with great interest. Thank you.
    Yvonne Grinham.
    B.A., Litt.B., LL.B

• Pe
      7th of Jun, 2012

You have taken money out of my credit card...what for...12 May 2012 $239.95 Return it now please; I have informed bank of your scam

• Ba
      7th of Jun, 2012

to whom this may concern global personals, today the 8/0/2012 you have debit my account once again, who are you guys, dam scammers i say wrong person to mess with i am tired of these scammers hacking peoples accounts i will be forwarding this letter on to scamwatch australia and other goverment departments to put a stop to ever you people are, i will personally shut you's down and drag you's through the courts to pay back the inncent people you have ripped off ...micheal SCAMWATCH AUSTRALIA.

• St
      27th of Jun, 2012

How to get your money back from Global Personals / White Label Dating

Who to contact first

You can't usually report a trader directly to Trading Standards. This is because not all local offices offer a public service. However, Trading Standards has an agreement with Citizens Advice to help you report the problem. You can contact either:

the Citizens Advice consumer service, or
    your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Experienced advisers will assess your problem and work out whether to pass it on to Trading Standards. However, they won’t be able to make a decision about whether Trading Standards will take on your case.

If the problem is passed on it is called a referral. When Trading Standards have received the referral, they decide whether they are able to help you and may contact you directly.

Some local Trading Standards offices do offer a drop-in service for the public. You can check whether there is one in your area by contacting your local authority or the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.
    What information do you need to report a problem

Before you contact Citizens Advice, gather as much information as you can to support your problem. This will help the adviser decide if your problem can be passed on to Trading Standards.

Try to give details of:

what the problem is
    what you know about the trader
    paperwork, including bills, invoices, quotes and estimates or contracts
    notes of any conversations you've already had with the trader, including dates
    witnesses who can confirm what you're saying
    photos or video evidence of the problem.

What happens if Trading Standards take on your problem?

If Trading Standards take on your case, it’s important to know what may happen next.

The information you give Trading Standards may be passed on to other bodies with the power to take action against the trader. For example:

the Office of Fair Trading
    the police
    the courts service.

If there is a prosecution, you may be asked to give evidence against the trader in court.

However, not all cases end up in court. Trading Standards doesn’t have to prosecute a trader even when it's clear that a criminal offence has been committed and the trader is likely to be convicted. They can choose to take no action or to give the trader a warning.

If a trader is found guilty, the court has the power to award compensation of up to £5, 000 in cases where money has been lost. However, even if a trader is successfully prosecuted, you may not get your money back as the court doesn’t have to do this, particularly if the trader can’t afford to pay.

If you are awarded compensation, it can’t be any more than the value of the goods or services that you’ve lost. You usually can’t claim for distress or additional losses that are hard to put a value on.
    What to do if Trading Standards can’t help you

Sometimes Trading Standards won't be able to help you personally and you may have to take other action to solve your problem. You could:

complain directly to the trader
    contact a trade association if the trader is a member
    use alternative dispute resolution, for example the Ombudsman
    take the trader to court.

Your Citizens Advice adviser will be able to tell you what else you can do to solve your problem.

Even if they don’t take your case on, Trading Standards may still collect evidence about the trader and may decide to take action at a later date.
    Next steps

To report a problem to Trading Standards, you can:

call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline
    visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau. To find details of your nearest CAB, see nearest CAB.

Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Trading Standards

• We
      23rd of Aug, 2012

I have cancelled my subscription in June 2012 and YOU are still billing me for services that Ive unsubscribed to. PLease cancel ALL these transactions from my credit card as it is now FRAUD. Wendi Verhagen. Durban South Africa.

• Fr
      28th of Aug, 2012

I have not joined anything at Global Personals, but they are taking R95 from my credit card every month for the last couple of months.I have reported this to Absa Bank Disputes and am awaiting the outcome.I demand that all my money gets refunded . Alternatively i will take it up with my lawyers at Legal Wise if my money is not refunded in the very near future.

• Gl
      7th of Sep, 2012

All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website. If you contact us directly on the email below, remember to use your membership id or the email you used to register to identify yourself.
    Regards

to get it all back

• Br
      11th of Oct, 2013

Global Personals,
    As I have unsubscribed from your Fling site over a year ago, and informed you of my no longer requiring your services, I have decided to take legal action against your company. Your continued monthly withdrawal of the amount of $39.95 from my account is without my permission, and therefore fraud and theft.
    My legal council in both the UK and Australia have advised me that they will be contacting you in the near future. Previous attempts by myself to contact you regarding this matter have gone ignored. I will not simply ignore this matter even if the funds are returned and withdrawals stopped, but will press the issue in Court due to your blatant disregard of myself and many others in this matter.
    Contact me immediately on browneye_mate@hotmail.com and my response will be by way of legal action. Provide me with a telephone number by which my lawyers may contact you as previous attempts have been unsuccessful.

Tom.

• Gl
      26th of Mar, 2014

Global personals are criminals. they rip everyone off and the only way to stop the money being taken is to stop your cre3dit card.
    I am going to stir as much trouble for these criminal ### as possible
    The Australian government should have a body to deal with such fraudulent behaviour.
    Glenn

• Cr
      8th of Jun, 2015

I have also been charged for a membership of $59.95 and I have never been on a dating website ever!!! When I called the customer service team they tried to insinuate that it might be my husband!! We have never been on these sites !!! It's a major scam !!