[Resolved] Get A Room.com / buyer beware

I was driving late on 12/21/15. I was trying to get to a Hampton Inn in Scottsburg IN that I had stayed at before and enjoyed. I had not made a reservation because I wasn't sure I would get very far due to the weather. So at the last minute I pulled over and tapped my phone. I thought I had the link to the Hampton and called the 800 number. The woman I spoke to never told me I had reached get a room and not the Hampton reservation line. I questioned the rate but she passed everything off as just busy due to the holidays. It wasn't until I got the email confirmation that I realized what I had been talking to get a room. The bad part when I checked out of the hotel I told the staff about my experience. They showed me that get a room paid the hotel $80.00 but charged my credit card $129.00 I know the hotel taxes are in there but get a room certainly made sure they got their piece of the pie. DO NOT USE getaroom. com Call the hotel directly and ask for their best rate. I felt I had been taken advantage of and ripped off. If the rep on the phone had been honest and let me know it was a get a room and explained the charged when I questioned them I would have stopped immediately and called the hotel directly.

• Resolution statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Jan 05, 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com Customer Care via complaintsboard.com. Please accept our sincere apologies for any for any miscommunication that may have occurred on your call to set up this reservation.

Getaroom.com is a third party booking agency for different hotels all over the world. Sales agents do advise on the call that we are a central reservations department and we service hotels in the area where our customers are needing to book a hotel reservation.

They then quote available rates and provide any and all requested information about the hotel property and it's location and amenities. We again greatly apologize if you felt misled or out of the loop. As for the rate differential, we do purchase rooms from the hotel at a wholesale discount rate and then sell them at a mark-up, that is the business model for all third party booking sites. The $80.00 rate you are referring to is this wholesale discount, it is only available to merchants of business who sell the rooms on the hotel's behalf. It is not a public rate.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-468-3578 or at 00-1-469-675-5368 for callers outside the U.S. You can also reach us again via email at escalations@getaroom.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,