General Motors

Posted: May 12, 2017 by

gm does not stand behind their products

Detroit, Michigan
Rotors were corroded at just 22k miles!! The dealer did all they could and gave me repairs at employee discount price, but pads were at 50 percent still and rotors were corroded and had gauges in them. they said they were considered wear and tear and gm would not warranty them. I paid for the repair and called GM corporate to file a complaint. They took my info and called me back saying "they were sorry but it's a wear and tear item! I guess all rotors corrode at 22k miles!! That's not even enough miles where you're supposed to have them checked!! GM does not stand behind their product. A nearly $60k high end vehicle with low grade cheap parts!. So now for $340 Gm has lost a customer. SO SAD!!! I am lucky i can just trade it in and buy a new ford or toyota for cash, which makes me feel bad for others not as fortunate. REF #8-2955146549
Updated by Michael Stetar, Sep 19, 2017
i bought my niece a toyota awd minivan. sorry which one escapes me, but it was about $45k and bought the warranty. toyota has stood behind this vehicle for things even i was amazed at!! since GM doesn't i guess it's time to buy a toyota suv.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

A  10th of Jun, 2017 by    -1 Votes
I totally agree with you. I have had several problems with my 2004 GMC Envoy. Each time I have contacted GMC about the problem and part they told me they were sorry the part had to be replaced, but it wasn't anything to them. My late husband was Service Director for a Nissan Dealership and they always we're willing to help the customer with the cost of parts and labor on their product. This is my first experience with buying American and will be my last!
A  19th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Gm does not honor factory warranties.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree