General Motors / I will not buy another

I had a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado. I bought it at 43000 miles at the Chevy dealer in Desoto, TX. They claims at the time of paper work, the vehicle is checkout find and in perfect condition. I got the vehicle home, at the next morning there is a loud vibration noise from the engine. I immediately bring it to the Chevy dealer (Plano, TX) to get it checkout since it is out of Guaranteed. I paid a $100 for the diagnostic fee—they claims that this is a flaw in it design, but the vehicle check out fine. I drove the vehicle for couple of thousands miles then the engine started to leak oil and smell antifreeze. I replace all the hoses new, but the antifreeze smell still there. Shortly later the Air conditioning leak. I got it fix at Chevy dealer, and then the Air Conditioning goes bad again, I got it fix again. Then later, the antifreeze smell turns out to be the heater core. It cost me a $1000 to get it fix (Raymond Chevrolet (Marietta, GA)). At the mean time, they also mess up my vehicle, the windshield noise (leak). Of course, they claim this windshield noise is normal without checking it out or fix it. The next problem is the antifreeze is going empty all the time and my check engine light again comes on. I spend money again at Reliable Chevrolet (Richardson, TX) for diagnostic, they said Coolant and oil mix together and would cost around $1000 to fix it. Again, I paid to get it fix. The engine oil is getting worse. At the dealer where I got my truck repair, that service engineer got bad attitude toward customer. This is at Reliable Chevrolet, and is worst at Steve Raymond Chevrolet in Marietta, GA.

Bought a GM vehicle is my biggest mistake. --- I then file a consumer report, GM again call offer me a $500 that can redeem at the dealer for a new car (at Chevy). I turn down the offer, saying that I will not buy another junk from Chevy again.

Va

Comments

• Te
      15th of Oct, 2008

I will never EVER buy a GM product again in my lifetime and I will certainly voice my opinion about the crap that GM produces. My daughter has a 2002 Chev Impala and has had nothing but problems. It continously leaves her and the baby stranded. She is living at poverty level where she is unable to throw money at this car but she has no means to get another one nor fix this one. We have had to step in multiple times to take care of this car but the real problem has never been found and fixed. Sometimes you just cannot get the car to start. It sounds like if you continue it will run down the battery. There use to be a trick of waiting 15 minutes to an hour and then it would start. Now the trick is to spray starting fluid in the engine and it starts right up. This has to be done every morning. After that, the car runs all day fine. This leads me to believe it has something to do with dampness. That trick works for now. This car has been towed so many times because of her being stranded. With all the complaints, I know GM knows what's wrong but I cannot seem to find a good answer. She hasn't the money to take it to the dealer. We just need to know what's going on so we can fix it ourselves. You shouldn't have to pay for a car over and over again (through faulty design or workmanship). I am so frustrated. Next time she should wise up and get a Honda like I drive. Forget GM, they are worthless.