General Motors / 2015 chevy true north edition
Shortly after purchasing my truck, I advised the dealership of a slight vibration that was beyond the expected one (one that happens when it try's to save on gas) they said it was normal. The issue persisted, so I mentioned it again when I went in for an oil change. This time I went for a drive with one of the guys in the service department and he also said it was normal. He said if i were to put the truck in manual that it will go away.
The vibration got worse. One morning it vibrated so much that I had to pull over. I called and took it to a different dealer ship, who suggested that it was not normal.
The truck has been in to them several times and we still have the same problem.
Solutions so far:
1) Machined the head gasket. Truck was gone for some time. Something about cylinder 5 was messed up. That didn't fix the vibration
They thought it was the exhaust manifold. To which I said it can't be? But they wanted to try that anyway. That didn't do it.
Now comes the bandages. They said GM had advised them to put a bushing (clamped the engine) under the engine.
That didn't do it.
They suggested that GM tech from the head office will be coming and that they will have him take a look. That never happened.
I came back in again and went for a test drive with the mechanic, who admitted that it was still doing the same thing. He booked another appointment for the truck to come back in.
They put it under scope and recalibrated the truck. They informed me that it was much better. Key word here is "much better", not fixed.
At this point I am saying my options. I have called GM and requested they take this truck back and that I was willing to buy another one, but I hoped that they can give me a break on the next vehicle. I was not being unreasonable. I didn't ask for a free truck, which most people that have heard my story had suggested.
What is a laughing matter here is that I have always driven a Ford and thought I would venture out to a GM product which has left a bad taste in my mouth and to top it off the customer service at the call centre does leave anything to be desired off.
More General Motors Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors - electrical/sensors