General Electric / customer service/repair

1 WyomingSheridan, United States Review updated:

Late October 2007, I purchased a brand new set of GE washer & dryer ( electric ). These were purchased in SC----then approx. 6 wks later we were moving to WY. From day 1 there had always been an issue with the water fil cycle of the washer. It could't be looked at in time before our move, however it was looked at after our move. I have spent countless hours & days calling number after number in hopes of getting SOMEONE to take the "bull by the horns" and get this washer fixed...I continue to get nothing but the biggest run-around from every GE call center & service departments.
I should mention that I purchased an extended 4 year warranty for these products...The customer service with GE SUCKS!!! Once again, on Monday Dec. 1 I was told by a "representative" on the phone "you will receive a telephone call within NO LESS than 24 hours to address this ongoing issue. Well, here it is Friday Dece.ber 5, 2008 and STILL NO PHONE CALL FROM ANYONE!
What is a person supposed to do wo get assistance, short of contacting our governor's office???????????????

Ka

Comments

26th of Oct, 2007
    General Electric - Customer Service

First let me say that I own at least 6 GE appliances, totaling more than $3000. Each appliance has either been in need of repair or has required total replacing. I will never again buy another GE appliance. I can understand that a single appliance breaks - no problem... things happen. Thats why we have repair companies; but... washer, dryer, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher - all "top of the line" - broken... each one needing repair, as if there was some sort of timepiece inside of each one indicating EXACTLY when the warranty period would run out.

The single greatest complaint I have is of an appliance I has services during a warranty period - I opted not to have the costly repair done on a refrigerator. A month later, I received a bill for nearly $100 for a service call that did nothing other than diagnose a problem and then leave. I attempted to deal with "customer service" but that proved to be a waste of time - either I would get hung up on by the automated service, or have to deal with some imbicil that would resfuse to pursue any option other than billing me the full amount.

I actually made it through to Mark Pfeiffer, of GE "Customer Service" - the focus of my Formal Letter of Complaint - and the SOB forwarded my account to collections, after my having told him that I already mailed the payment.

I am through with GE and I strongly encourage anyone who wishes not to deal with this type of customer-disservice to follow suit!

• De
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I bought a GE dishwasher in September of 2008. I have had the service technician out 3 times. Finally this last time they wanted to charge me $189 to repair a $500 dishwasher that is less than one year old. I will never purchase another GE product again.

• Re
      21st of Apr, 2009

Never, never again with GE. I bought their Monogram refrigerator -- I've owned it 5 years and have had to empty the refrigerator 7 times because it stops working. I have spent over $1300 repairing the refrigerator and have replaced almost every part (except the compressor). Their "service" staff have offered to sell me another refrigerator at a discount -- as if I would ever put another GE product in my home.

• Ge
      4th of Feb, 2010
    General Electric - Customer Service

After calling customer service or should I say CUSTOMER NO SERVICE and telling them I had a problem with a new GE Telephone that I had brought about 4 months ago, I told the person that I talked to, what I did to try to fix the problem as listed in the troubleshooting guide but this person did not have a clue and did not know any thing, why have a person in customer just sit there and answer the phone and not know anything, I can now see why these big companys are going under, no one cares and nobody know from nothing. After about a day I e-mail CUSTOMER NO SERVICE again told them again what I did in the troubleshooting guide, sent off the e-mail and have still not got a reply back. What a company to deal with, I guess if the CEO of this company does not care, why should the employees? Good luck if you buy a GENERAL ELECTRIC product, you will need it.

• El
      18th of Dec, 2017

I today have had enough of GE and will never purchase another appliance from them. I have a dryer that's just 2 years old and every part needed replacement. First replacement for timer which had sparks they fixed for nothing but i paid $100.00 for serviceman. Today I need a new motor and they offered me the part for $50.00 plus I would have to pay labor and the $100.00 fee again. Customer service was nasty and he couldn't tell me how much labor would be. It that ridiculous. I use to have dryers that would last 10 years. I sent certified letters to ceo and customer relations asking for reimbursement and that I will buy a product from another company. I will take them to small claims court just to aggravate them...a big corporation like that doesn't care about anything but money.