General Electric Microwave Oven / $135 to replace two light bulbs!
I recently had to replace two surface lights on my General Electric Microwave Oven which was purchased new 2 years ago. Upon reading the manual, I discovered that these bulbs had been seated in some type of glue or plastic coating.
I was instructed to run a knife or other sharp object completely around the base of the light therefore freeing it from the coating. IT DID NOT WORK! Moreover, when I approached the salesman at Lowes, where I purchased the Microwave, he promptly broke off two bulbs as well in the floor model. Upon calling for a GE repairman, I was charged $100 for a service call and $17.00 for each replacement bulb. The total cost of $134.00 plus tax was applied. The repairman also broke the seating for one of the bulbs in trying to remove it. I was furious and emailed GE without so much as a reply. I feel that customers should be warned about the defective part on the product and customers should NOT be charged for the replacement of simple light bulbs. Who wants to pay $135 to replace two light bulbs???
More General Electric Microwave Oven Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - refrigerator model gz522dmjjfes
- General Electric Company - jes1460ds3bb/microwave oven...
- General Electric Company - washer#gtw460asjww and dryer #gtd42easjww
- General Electric Company - glass top stove
- General Electric Company - ggdt580ssfss