General Electric Company / my ge washer model wpgt9360
On September 24, 2016, my 8 year old washing machine had a burning smell after a loud screeching sound. I unplugged the machine (thank goodness I was home!). I called an independent service company for repair since it was no longer under warranty. He told me GE really values their parts, and the part, the main control panel, would be $620.78 plus tax. For nearly the same amount, I could buy a new machine, so I declined the repair. I purchased a new washer and they hauled off the burned out unit. In yesterday's (October 30, 2016) local paper, there was a list of recalls, and among them was my washer! I called GE, and after being on hold for at least 20 minutes, I finally got a person who told me that since I don't have the machine any longer, there was nothing they could do. I also spoke with 2 different supervisors, both of whom I was on hold for at least 20 minutes, and both told me the same thing (no washer, no nothing for me!). I have the invoice from the repair technician with all the info (Model #, Serial # and a description of my issue), but since I no longer have the machine they couldn't fix it, so there was nothing GE would do! I registered my machine when I got it, but received NO info regarding the recall, which was for the very same issue that I had. I got at least 100 "I understand" from the 3 different people I spoke with, but there still was nothing they would do! At the very least, I wanted reimbursement for the service call, but no, since I didn't call GE, they would do nothing. Why would I call GE for a machine that was 8 years old and out of warranty? I was told it says in the manual to call them with any issues. I never saw that, and even if I had, I probably wouldn't have called them since the machine was 8 years old. So, I will never buy another GE appliance, and I urge all who might read this to do the same.
More General Electric Company Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Appliances - ge adora potscrubber dishwasher model # ghdt168v00ss
- General Electric Company - unprofessional response to resolve issue
- General Electric Company - refrigerator
- General Electric Company - need ge credit on my credit card.
- General Electric Company - warranty department incompetence