General Electric / fire danger
We purchased a GE electric cooktop that has needed multiple repairs and been nothing but trouble.
Within three years of purchase, thermostats in several burners started failing with disastrous results of ruined pans, and great fire danger. A burner on its lowest heat setting would suddenly result in the burner automatically being reset to the highest setting. This would happen with absolutely no notice.
I contacted the GE consumer department and received a letter stating they would replace a burner if another one gave out within three months. Of course that never happened in that precise time frame.
The last time I called the GE repairman to replace another burner, I was told the parts are no longer available. Although the stove was a top model and installed in 1996 it is now useless. We have paid more for repairs than the stove cost originally.
I am replacing the cooktop and would never consider another GE cooktop.
More General Electric Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - jes1460ds3bb/microwave oven...
- General Electric Company - washer#gtw460asjww and dryer #gtd42easjww
- General Electric Company - glass top stove
- General Electric Company - ggdt580ssfss
- General Electric Company - refrigerator