Gem Shopping Network / HUGE Rip off

3-5 GA, United States Review updated:

Gem Shopping Network is an enormous scam. To begin with they charge an enormous amount of shipping starting at something around $30.00 per item - and I'm talking about a pair of earrings. If you ask they will "offer" to ship it at a less expensive rate of around $20.00 per item. What you will receive is a poorly packaged item in a Priority Mail envelope.

Should you return an item you will wait and wait and wait for your credit card to be credited for the return. It has been over 20 days since the Gem Shopping Network received my return (sent via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation). Today is January 24 and the delivery confirmation receipt shows that they received the package on January 9.

When you call their so called customer service you will get the run around big time.
While they acknowledge receiving my return, they have also out and out lied about the date it was received stating that it was received on "Jan. 10 and 9:30 pm"...huh? That's impossible as the postal service does not deliver at NIGHT!!!
What I've had to do is file a complaint with my credit card company to finally get a refund.
Awful, just awful.

Comments

• Ge
      25th of Jan, 2012

Hi,
    Please accept our apologies for any confusion in this matter. Let us address your concerns:
    1. Shipping charges. Since we mostly sell fine-quality merchandise, we add insurance coverage to all shipments. The bulk of the charges you will see are for the insurance. This is mostly a pass-through fee from carriers.
    2. Credit. Our current policy is to apply credit immediately after receipt and inspection of a returned item. It appears that your credit was issued on the 11th - one day after inspection. We are calling your credit card company today to verify processing and to determine any possible issues.
    3. Receival date. The date we "receive" the item into our system is registered after physical receipt and inspection. Therefore, "January 10th at 9:30pm" was recorded.

I trust this has answered your concerns. If for some reason, your credit is still not showing, please contact our Credit Dept and they will be more than happy to assist. Again, we want to assure your satisfaction and apologize for any confusion.

GSN

• Ti
      17th of Jul, 2012
    Gem Shopping Network - Returns & Refunds
    South Dakota

I returned two very expensive items to Gem Shopping Network and received a refund on my credit card for both purchases within 3 weeks. It was a very good experience.

• Do
      13th of Feb, 2015

I never had a problem with them and I have been buying from them before they were Gemshooping network. I do my homework on gemstones and jewelry before I buy and have them show the Gem or jewelry up close, top to bottom. Old(antique) and estate jewelry are sold as is for a reason. Pay close attention and if you see a stone missing ask them to put in a new stone but it could take away from the value of the old piece. Shipping isnt much at all and I get my item with in a week. If I have to send it back, I call give the information, they give me a number and its done, no hassle.

• Sc
      11th of Mar, 2016

I have NEVER had a problem with Gem Shopping; in fact, they gladly accepted a pair of earrings that broke a year after I purchased them. They quickly and efficiently accepted them and offered repair, replacement or refund.

10th of May, 2018

I have purchased several lovely pieces of jewelry and NOT a problem one time, they came promptly and well packaged.

• Bo
      14th of Jun, 2018

I purchased 2 rings, one returned within the time frame, the second was a $ 1700.00 that I paid 46.00 for them to ship to me, I needed foot surgery and didn't make the time frame, I was told by a customer service rep, that she was very upset that I wanted to return the ring when I took it to a GIA Gemologist that stated the retail might be at best $700.00, I was transferred to another rep, that stated " I just Googled a vintage 1 carat ring, and yours looks much nicer and its selling for 1440.00, yours is 4.26 carats plus .46 points of diamonds" . I told her the ring was coming back, she replied, send it back with a full appraisal. that cost another $ 150.00, plus 2 day air and insurance, cost another $ 62.00, it was signed for last week, no refund yet.

• Bo
      25th of Jun, 2018

@boots101 my credit card company got my money back, as with Sandra, I was also told that my account would be suspended if I tried to do a charge back, I told them to close the account. Lesson learned. After watching this show during my recovery, they just had on this Sunday, rings that were selling at $ 2995.00 now a blowout deal, $ 995.00. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

24th of Jun, 2018

I purchased many items with full intent to keep them so I did not realize that their return policy required calling within 7 days of receipt to get a return authorization number even if you intend to keep items. I had no issue with the quality of the items I purchased. However, GSN cares nothing for their customers. When I unexpectedly had a change in my financial situation, I contacted their customer service explaining my situation and that I needed to return items for refund as a result. Even though I was well within 30 days of purchase, they refused to let me return the items despite my explanations. I was very desperate and unsure of how I could manage and was told I could "sell the items". I filed a complaint through my credit card company and also arranged a payment plan to help me due to the unforeseen financial situation. GSN received their money, I kept my items, and my temporary financial situation resolved. My issue is that GSN cares nothing for their customers. I recently wanted to give them another chance and tried to purchase an item priced at less than $ 200.00. I was told by a sales rep that GSN placed a notation on my customer registration number not allowing me to purchase. I was shocked!!! I mean, they had been paid for all items previously purchased!! Clearly this was a hostile decision toward me because I had filed a legitimate complaint. I thanked the sales rep and informed them there are plenty of other places to shop and if they don't want my business, I am glad to go elsewhere. I would NEVER shop with them again because of their shabby treatment of me and lack of concern for a situation that was totally resolved with no loss to them. Can you IMAGINE!!??? The nerve!! Anyway, I say BUYER BEWARE!!! I am sorry I had such a terrible experience and glad I was able to resolve, but their treatment of customers is just terrible. Spend your money with reputable companies and spare yourself GSN agony.

• Bl
      19th of Sep, 2018

Recently bought a Native American Indian necklace. Beautiful and very well packed. . Astonishingly, I received it within 5 days of the purchase. Was overall a very pleasing experience. Can't wait for the next NAI sell off.
    Thanks for a well run fast moving presentation.

Judith Daniel, Oregon