Geico Insurance / road service
This very poor road service really is funny.
I left Stuart, Fl and traveled north on the FL Turnpike. After an hour of driving at 70 MPH one of my tires blew out.
It was raining so I call Geico to have someone change my tire. The agent said she was from Macolm Ga. The dialogue was like this:
1. I gave my insurance number and asked for road service.
2. She confirmed my coverage and asked what area code I was in.
3. NOW HOW WOULD I KNOW THE AREA CODE ?????????
4. I mentioned I had been driving north from Stuart, Fl at about 70 miles per hour. I therefor was about 80 miles north of Stuart, FL.
5. She insisted on knowing my area code. ??????????
6. She then asked if I could see any road signs or bridges ??
7. I peered forward thru the rain and could barely see a sign on the overpass and what the sign said.??????
9. Through the rain I barely could make out CLEAR...
10. She had no luck and asked for more info.
11. I could barely see ING. she asked for more info.
12. I opened the window and barely saw 16 ft.
It was then I realized what the sign said.
CLEARING 16 FEET
I had to laugh. The operator said she would look for a town called clearing 16 feet. no luck.
13. She then asked me to stop traffic and ask about the area code. Now I doubt that anyone driving on the Fl Turnpike would know the area code,
She said she would call back and I did not hear from her until 2:30 pm. By then My tire had been changed and I was in Orlando.
I wrote a letter to Geico Headquarters and never received a response.
This is one for the books. Has anyone received this kind of service????
More Geico Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Geico Car Insurance - refused to pay my claim! 
- Geico - geico policies and procedures! 
- Geico - cancel policy 
- Geico - geico will not pay claim 
- Geico - scam and cheating 
- Geico - auto
- Geico Insurance Company - an insured geico driver complaint
- Geico - auto claim
- Geico - auto insurance - remove one of insured party
- Geico - claims/auto adjuster