Gegelman Rainbowrainbow air cleaner vacuum

Date of contract: 12/22/2016
Loan Number: D21102614-RC
My Name: Marilyn Thomas, 1226 Stonewater Circle, Ocoee FL 34761
Email: [protected]@gmail.com

My daughter bought one of the Rainbows and put me down in order to win something. The sales lady came out for a 1PM appt. I was told it should not take more than 2 hours. She showed up at approx. 12:30. I told her repeatedly we did not want it, and I couldn't afford it. She wouldn't take no for an answer. She kept on with her talking. About 4PM, I asked my husband if I should call the police to get rid of her. He didn't want to. She got to the point of financing and was turned down several places. I thought that would be the end of it, and she would leave. She just kept on going at it. She finally got financing through the owner of Gegelman to do the financing. My husband and I are both in our 60s and disabled. He didn't want to have somebody who obviously was determined and wouldn't leave without a sale going off and hurting us. He felt we should just sign the contract, cancel it as soon as she left, and get our very expensive vacumn and airclearner back and that would be that. She finally left after 6PM. It was dark. She did take our expensive Shark NV356 Navigator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum (value new of about $250 and it was less than 6 months old, and my Bose airfilter with ionizer which was over $200 when I purchased it about a year before. I sent the company an email that evening and followed it up with another one the next day. I also sent a letter to the address that the saleslady provided me. Nothing.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Orlando, FLI put reviews up on a few sites to warn other people thinking that would get them to contact me. Still nothing. They kept taking the payment money from my account though. I saw a news clip awhile back about them where the reporters got the company settle with an older lady. This week a friend of mine and I were talking about it and she asked me why I just didn't stop the payments. I didn't know I could do that. I went to my bank and talked to them and they did put a stop payment on the request that automatically pulls my money out each month for Gegelmans. I have written them twice sending it through the post office, and over 10 emails. I started with this with the first email within 2 hours of the saleslady leaving explaining what had happened. Not once have they responded to me. But they did manage to get not only my down payment, but 4 other $90 payments plus my vacumn and air purifier.
The system that we did get is junk. It doesn't clean any better than my vacuum did. And to top it off, I have severe asthma and COPD which has gotten much worse without the air cleaner I had.
I didn't want to have to take them to court. All I wanted was my down payment back and my vacuum and air cleaner back. They could have their junk system back. As I said, my husband and I are both in our 60s and both are disabled. It isn't easy for us to have to physically go to court or anything else to pursue this company. Gegelman's seem to know we were easy targets, or they would have cancelled the contract immediately as asked and given us back or merchandise. Basically they threatened and intimidated us to make a sale.

Tg
May 10, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      Nov 23, 2017

You should not have let her in to begin with, but once you did and she refused to leave, you really should have called the police ASAP. Letting her take your own cleaners was a major mistake as well. Contact the BBB, the Consumer Protection Division of your state's Attorney General's Office and contact troubleshooter/Investigative team of your local news station there in Orlando so they can fight for you and get a warning out to others,