geeks.com / counterfit security camera

I bought a wireless IPCAM model APM-J011-WS a month ago from geeks. It worked fine as long as the ethernet cable attached but would not work wireless. Strange it has antenna on it and is advertised as wireless. I sent it back for a refund which I did get. I ordered and received the outdoor model APM-J901-Z-WS. The box was plain white and the camera again had no make or model on it — only on my invoice. This camera also is supposed to work wireless but does not.in a search for APM-J901_Z comes up with Apexis camera that loks just like it antenna and all but if you look at the specs there is no mention of being wireless. This can be seen at: http://www.apexis.com.cn/en/productsdetails_183.html. The only thing geeks knows is replace or refundbut the camera is a fake knockoff. I am sure if replaced I would just get another counterfit product. This is fraud!!!

Ji
Feb 1, 2013

Comments

• Ki
      22nd of Nov, 2012
    Geeks.com - Won't be using them again, that's for sure
    Geeks.com
    geeks.com

Had to send the item back at my own expense when it was faulty and waited nearly 2 weeks for a refund so i could order somewhere else :( really disappointed. won't be using them again, that's for sure!

• Ji
      1st of Mar, 2013
    Geeks.com - Bait & switch tactics - advertise one thing & call threatening to cancel unless they get more shipping $$$!
    Geeks.com

I been dealing with what started as computergeeks.com well over 20 years ago... the debris remaining known as geek.com is well... Save your money and your time and look elsewhere. There are a lot of MUCH MORE REPUTABLE businesses on the net to deal with.
    Jim M.