Geek Squadcustomer service

I took in a laptop for repair on a Sunday and was informed that it would have to be sent to service center for repairs that should take about one week. Went online to check status on Thursday(5 days later) and it showed that an estimate was pending and that I should contact local store to approve repairs. I called the store and no one there knew anything. The best they could do was inform me that I would be contacted by the service center for approval and that it normally took about two weeks, not one week as I was told originally.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Victoria, TX When I asked for a phone number so that I could call the service center personally and give the approval for the repairs I was told they didn't have a number.
On Friday, six days after the drop off day, I was told that the service center had tried to contact me on Thursday, something I wasn't told when I called on Thursday, and that they had left me a message on my voicemail. I never received any communications from the service center at all. Called back on Saturday and nothing had changed so I decided enough is enough just send my laptop back and I will let someone local work on it. Talk about some real crappy customer service. I will make sure and get the word around to all I come in contact with.

Comments

• Au
      Sep 09, 2010

Geeks tried to rip me off too. I took my laptop computer in, explained what was going on, and was told that the service plan that they sold me with my computer covered only hardware. They wanted to sell me a complete diagnostic service. That service is now priced at 239.99.
    ( http://www.geeksquad.com/services/computer/detail.aspx?id=1531 )
    I couldn't afford it so I went home with my computer hoping to save the money and have it repaired at a later date. A friend told me about the system restore program in the computer at All Programs / Maintenance / Backup and Restore Center. I tried it and it worked. No need to pay the Geeks to perform unnecessary service that they knew could be repaired by using the program that was already on the computer. They didn't even ask if it had been tried. I am so disappointed in the lack of customer service displayed at that time, that I will use them only as a last resort. When I mentioned the incident to a Best Buy store greeter who yesterday suggested I go ask the Geeks about an issue I was having, he gave me a knowing laugh when I told him why I would not go to the Geeks.

• Je
      Jun 17, 2013

Awful customer service at best. They let the phone ring for over 20 times, also was left on hold for over a half hour and then someone hung up and I was disconnected! I have not spoken with anyone yet after receiving a voicemail about calling them about my repair. Do yourself a favor and do not purchase their repair plan. Save a dollar a day and purchase a new computer ever year and not from Best Buy!