Geek Squad — customer service
I took in a laptop for repair on a Sunday and was informed that it would have to be sent to service center for repairs that should take about one week. Went online to check status on Thursday(5 days later) and it showed that an estimate was pending and that I should contact local store to approve repairs. I called the store and no one there knew anything. The best they could do was inform me that I would be contacted by the service center for approval and that it normally took about two weeks, not one week as I was told originally.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Victoria, TX When I asked for a phone number so that I could call the service center personally and give the approval for the repairs I was told they didn't have a number.
On Friday, six days after the drop off day, I was told that the service center had tried to contact me on Thursday, something I wasn't told when I called on Thursday, and that they had left me a message on my voicemail. I never received any communications from the service center at all. Called back on Saturday and nothing had changed so I decided enough is enough just send my laptop back and I will let someone local work on it. Talk about some real crappy customer service. I will make sure and get the word around to all I come in contact with.
More Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off! 
- Geek Squad - phone insurance 
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever 
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks! 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair 
- Geek Squad - repair a virus in my laptop - lost my entire data + fraud
- Geek Squad - did not replace defective part for freezer
- Geek Squad - can't fix my problem 
- Geek Squad - moving old info from old microsoft hard drive to newly purchased hard drive work done with geek squad at hutchinson, mn location 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - dumb # geek squad agents!