Geek Squad / scam repairs of camera
I purchased a fairly expensive camera from Best Buy a little over a year ago. I brought it into the Geek Squad for repair, where they charged me a diagnostc fee of $36 and sent it off. I didn’t hear back from them for a couple of months. I ended up calling the store to get the status of the repair. I was told by the “agent” that the camera was in Texas and could not be repaired because they didn’t have the part, but I could bring it to a private camera shop in the area for repair. When I went to pick my camera up, after it got back to the store, they refusef to give me my diagnostic fee back.
When I told them that they could have gotten the part but didn’t, that became their problem and they should do yhe right thing and refund my money, they refused. They were extremely rude and unhelpful. They also tolde numerous tes that I should have gotten the extendef warranty. So, I feel that if you don’t pay the extra money on insurance, they don’t stand by their products, even if they are only a year old. All they needed to do was get the part!
More Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off! 
- Geek Squad - phone insurance 
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever 
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks! 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair 
- Geek Squad - repair a virus in my laptop - lost my entire data + fraud
- Geek Squad - did not replace defective part for freezer
- Geek Squad - can't fix my problem 
- Geek Squad - moving old info from old microsoft hard drive to newly purchased hard drive work done with geek squad at hutchinson, mn location 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - dumb # geek squad agents!